billing cycle

19 hours ago, Dkuzik said:

Is it possible to give client choose of one-time payment or recurring?  I can probably do if i created 2 gateways was was hopping to do it here.  Also bellow example is not clear to me that it is recurring

thanks

image.png.f42848cab758c0d562f7eb4068d6f732.png

Seeing as the one time and recurring price is effectively the same field in the database, no this is not possible natively. You'd need a custom module to achieve this.

• 2 weeks later...

If you look at this payment type says recurring but billing cycle says "One Time/Monthly"

This doesn't really make sense if it is recurring.  My guess maybe it is gateway dependent.

image.thumb.png.470805af35f77914b171b137f553d04f.png

If it is gateway dependent I am using Paypal

How are clients suppose to how that paypal subscribe is recurring and paypal checkout is one time?  This shows on screen for maybe 20sec. These buttons are small.  At least this module should wait for you to choose before redirecting

Pretty pour if you ask me

image.png.3910a48573cad04f8447ea06d6510ec7.png

16 hours ago, Dkuzik said:

If you look at this payment type says recurring but billing cycle says "One Time/Monthly"

This doesn't really make sense if it is recurring.  My guess maybe it is gateway dependent.

image.thumb.png.470805af35f77914b171b137f553d04f.png

If it is gateway dependent I am using Paypal

How are clients suppose to how that paypal subscribe is recurring and paypal checkout is one time?  This shows on screen for maybe 20sec. These buttons are small.  At least this module should wait for you to choose before redirecting

Pretty pour if you ask me

image.png.3910a48573cad04f8447ea06d6510ec7.png

If use the checkbox Recurring, and set a price in Monthly, then it's a recurring monthly price, in your case 20.00 every month. If you change the checkbox to One Time, then that 20.00 is only One Time and not monthly as recurring is off. I think it's pretty self-explanatory, at least it never confused me 😊

I would say you are correct.  But its not self-explanatory.  We are making an assumption.

Under both payment types one-time and recurring the billing cycle says "one-time/monthly"

billing cycle says one-time.  Payment type is set to one-time/monthly. why does it say monthly?  This is a one-time payment

billing cycle says recurring.  Payment type says one-time/monthly.  this is recurring (monthly)so why does it say one-time

50 minutes ago, Dkuzik said:

I would say you are correct.  But its not self-explanatory.  We are making an assumption.

Under both payment types one-time and recurring the billing cycle says "one-time/monthly"

billing cycle says one-time.  Payment type is set to one-time/monthly. why does it say monthly?  This is a one-time payment

billing cycle says recurring.  Payment type says one-time/monthly.  this is recurring (monthly)so why does it say one-time

You are probably right but this setting is like this for years, even when I first started using WHMCS and did not knew anything about how it worked. I did wonder at this at first for a few minutes, but then I read the docs and I never had any confusion ever again in years. 

I can only assume that since most people don't use the One-Time option very often, adding an extra box would increase the interface cluttering, so to keep things simpler and more organized they just removed the field entirely. This was because when WHMCS initially started, the minimum recurring in the hosting world was monthly, now you have metered, weekly, daily, etc. Maybe they added the One-time option later on but I'm not sure.

I actually don't mind it and I prefer a less cluttered interface. The problem if they add a separated One-Time text field, it would be even more confusing, as people could select OneTime in price and then recurring checkbox either way, that will default into an error since it would be trying to save Recurring but with a OneTime price. I can only assume this is why it's the same field, its basically just a price field, and the option Recurring or OneTime is one that controls it.

Please note this is completely unrelated to the PayPal image you posted. This does not control any PayPal options, either one time or recurring. Its just the setting on how WHMCS will bill the product.