Allow Product/Service Purchase and Bill Later = How?

I've clicked around and serached but couldn't find a sloution.

For example. Say I'm offering a Product/Service (i.e. "Other") like website edits. But it will generally take the client a week or more to provide copy and images and I want the client to be able to order the Product/Service for a fixed amount but I don't want to require payment during the order process. I'd rather Invoice the client as soon as the copy/images are received.

Possible?  And if so, how?

TIA -

L.

• WHMCS Technical Analyst

Hi @LeMarque,

Though WHMCS doesn't currently have this functionality built in, it would be possible to achieve this using hooks. Alternatively, you could simply give your clients more time to complete payment by extending the Order Days Grace option, and then instruct them to only pay once you have sent them these materials.

Should you want to go down the hooks route, you would essentially need to stop an invoice being generated for new orders of a particular product, and then generate the invoice once you accept the order (and link it back to the order). Another user suggested a similar solution for another community member a few years ago.

You might want to check out our Service Offers and Requests forum, where somebody may be able to develop this functionality for you. You may also want to open a feature request.

Hope this helps a little!
Josh