TPP .au domain registration issues

theozsnowman

Ive tried to configure up our whmcs system to handle the new Australian .au registration processes using our TPP module.

WHMCS support told me i needed a custom whois file for the system to do lookups for the new tld which is fine so i set that up and it appears to work

The issue then comes that none of the required Eligibility fields are being shown in the registration forms. I worked out for myself that i needed to add in a custom additionalfields.php after support told me i had to talk to TPP to sort this as they arent supporting all new tlds out of the box!... - not very helpfull

anyway i copied the existing .com.au eligibility fields assuming this is whats required but it still doesnt let registrations go thru...

i get the error

An Error Occurred
[603] Invalid eligibility fields supplied: EligibilityID EligibilityIDType EligibilityName EligibilityReason EligibilityType RegistrantID RegistrantIDType RegistrantName

I contacted TPP support who were completely useless and told me as WHMCS is a 3rd party platform they cannot assist... pretty sure it was TPP who built their registrar module in the first place... so clearly im being sent around in circles...

Has anyone have a working setup to allow for the .au registrations im guessing the eligibility field names don't match up.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, theozsnowman said:

I agree they should release an update but so far they have simply referred back to WHMCS saying its their problem

Push it back on them, they release the module and not WHMCS. Maybe their support department (wherever they're located now under the amalgamated brands) don't realise that.  Send them this link https://www.tppwholesale.com.au/whmcs/😉 

11 hours ago, Damo said:

Push it back on them, they release the module and not WHMCS. Maybe their support department (wherever they're located now under the amalgamated brands) don't realise that.  Send them this link https://www.tppwholesale.com.au/whmcs/😉 

Sadly they are fully aware, support knows, out account manager knows and they have just stuck their head in the sand saying that as WHMCS is a 3rd party application its not up to them...

I do believe that WHMCS did actually build the module for them, or a contracted 3rd party developer and not them, which probably explains their attitude

I downloaded the module to take a look. It's dated 2013. 

A lot has changed with both WHMCS and TPP/netregistry/melbourneit/etc since then. Although it may still be 'The Console' with them. 

What's the error? There maybe a simple change to make. 

Long term you could look at a wholesaler that's genuinely interested in wholesale business and remaining current. Synergy is the perfect candidate. 

13 hours ago, Damo said:

I downloaded the module to take a look. It's dated 2013. 

A lot has changed with both WHMCS and TPP/netregistry/melbourneit/etc since then. Although it may still be 'The Console' with them. 

What's the error? There maybe a simple change to make. 

Long term you could look at a wholesaler that's genuinely interested in wholesale business and remaining current. Synergy is the perfect candidate. 

there is no support for the top level .au system, and while we made some changes within WHMCS itself to accommodate the sale of the new au domains the system returns a whole mass of errors when communicating to TPP to register one of these... so we have do handle them all manually

• 3 months later...

Chat started

hi when will this be fixed as I cant register any .au domains through whmcs

please read that threat and advise, thanks

Customer Service

Thanks for waiting, we'll be with you very soon. Please feel free to browse the support centre in the meantime or add further questions to your query and an agent will be with you shortly.

so the bottom line is this...

release an update to their WHMCS module to handle .au domain eligibility.

when release an update to their WHMCS module to handle .au domain eligibility.

when will tpp release an update to their WHMCS module to handle .au domain eligibility.

here's the error only with .au new registrations via whmcs which you say you support

An Error Occurred [603] Invalid eligibility fields supplied: EligibilityID EligibilityIDType EligibilityName EligibilityReason EligibilityType RegistrantID RegistrantIDType RegistrantName

and this

Maricel joined the chat

Maricel

Hi Pete

hi

hopefully someone is aware of this issue

and can shine some light

i can then update others having same frustration at whmcs

so if your module has not been updated when will it be?

Maricel

Let me read the above information

yep

no rush here. It's a bit to take in

Maricel

So basically, your getting an error while registering a .au domain?

yep and others too

and your techs did not help

the module was last updated by your company in 2013

and does not support the new .au

which everyone wants

i understand if you need more time maybe someone could email me if its a tough one

but please make sure someone sees a copy of this messages

Maricel

May I know your account reference and support code?

Maricel

We have other TPP partners who can register .au domains.

via whmcs??

Maricel

Let me further check your account.

it seems to be an outdated module issue read above or maybe show to someone higher up in support?

it seems to be an outdated module issue read above or maybe show to someone higher up in support?

there is no support for the top level .au system, and while we made some changes within WHMCS itself to accommodate the sale of the new au domains the system returns a whole mass of errors when communicating to TPP to register one of these... so we have do handle them all manually

I will also be sending a copy of this support ticket so others know where we are at. No intimadation intended.

it needs to be looked at urgently

and we need some genuine feedback from TPP

Maricel

I'll create a ticket then and will coordinate to the team.

fantastic

Maricel

Is this your best contact email address djpete1959@gmail.com?

yes

thanks for the help

Maricel

Here's your ticket#xxxxxxx

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

thank you Maricel. No that's it. thanks again

Maricel

Thanks for chatting today Pete, if there's anything else we can help with - do let us know! Thanks, Maricel

Maricel left the chat

Edited by djpete

good news.

I am about to update this module.

Hope others give it a go and update this thread. Seems TPP have possibly found a solution....

Maricel (TPP Wholesale)

2 Sept 2022, 07:25 UTC

Hi Pete,

Apologies for the delayed response.

According to our senior technician, please download the zip file on this link on your WHMCS.

https://support.tppwholesale.com.au/hc/en-gb/articles/360010149837-TPP-Wholesale-Module-in-WHMCS

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Maricel

TPPWholesale.com.au

I can confirm that this issue is now RESOLVED after updating Module as per instructions in the Readme File in this module zip.

It seems that updating WHMCS DOES NOT update this module. Possibly because of a custom folder name I have or something.

In any case it is now fixed and I hope that this helps others.

Thank you to Maricel for his help and the team at TPP Wholesale!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This works for me.

1. Download tppwregistrar module from https://support.tppwholesale.com.au/hc/en-gb/articles/360010149837-TPP-Wholesale-Module-in-WHMCS
     - Unzip the downloaded mobulde and follow "README" Step1 1,2 only, DO NOT copy whois.json to /resources/domains
     - Copy all files in tppwregistrar folder to <whmcs_root>/modules/registrars/tppwregistrar

//  whois.json, this will cause 403 Forbidden code and WHMCS will interpret it as "unavailable".
    {
        "extensions": ".au",
        "uri": "https://tppwhitelabel.com.au/whois/index.php?domain=",
        "available": "NOT FOUND"
    }

and update the following files accordingly

// resources/domains/additionalfields.php
+ $additionaldomainfields[".au"] = $additionaldomainfields[".com.au"];
// resources/domains/dist.additionalfields.php
+ $additionaldomainfields[".au"] = $additionaldomainfields[".com.au"];
// resources/domains/dist.whois.json  , added .au extension
    {
+       "extensions": ".asn.au,.com.au,.edu.au,.org.au,.net.au,.id.au,.au",  
        "uri": "socket://domaincheck.auda.org.au",
        "available": "---Available"
    }, 

domaincheck.auda.org.au used to respond  something like "PRIORITY HOLD" for .au lookup before.  Now it will response "Available".

As directed by AUDA, the period for processing AU Direct priority applications is now closed. - 21/Sep/2022

Edited by johnc

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, EZi said:

I'm done with TPP. Couldn't solve the issue with them sending out domain reminder emails directly to our clients.

Namecheap was doing the same thing. Renewal reminders, with links to renew directly that the client can't use (domains not in their account), along with advertising for additional competing products. Complaints were met with a deaf ear, so they lost my small collection of a few hundred domains.