WHMCS Licensing server issues right now

websavers

Their servers appear to be down. To bring back our WHMCS system, we had to add this to /etc/hosts:

127.0.0.1 f.licensing.whmcs.com a.licensing.whmcs.com b.licensing.whmcs.com c.licensing.whmcs.com d.licensing.whmcs.com e.licensing.whmcs.com g.licensing.whmcs.com h.licensing.whmcs.com

But admin is still down of course because now it just says our license is invalid. But at least the front-end is up. Including this here for anyone else experiencing licensing issues.

Note that not everyone will because the software doesn't always check in with the licensing server. Don't trigger it manually today, whatever you do!

Edited by websavers

33 minutes ago, websavers said:

Their servers appear to be down. To bring back our WHMCS system, we had to add this to /etc/hosts:

127.0.0.1 f.licensing.whmcs.com a.licensing.whmcs.com b.licensing.whmcs.com c.licensing.whmcs.com d.licensing.whmcs.com e.licensing.whmcs.com g.licensing.whmcs.com h.licensing.whmcs.com

But admin is still down of course because now it just says our license is invalid. But at least the front-end is up. Including this here for anyone else experiencing licensing issues.

Note that not everyone will because the software doesn't always check in with the licensing server. Don't trigger it manually today, whatever you do!

Thanks.

That did the trick!
Though client's can't log in or place orders - until WHMCS is back up.

Essentially, every hosting company on this planet is down  order wise until they resolve the licensing server issue.

Edited by TheHackRepairGuy

36 minutes ago, wsa said:

I see my client whmcs is working also am working on they server right now and I tester my dev machine that I force it working also 

Because your WHMCS hasn't performed license check yet.    As stated above multiple times.

1 hour ago, wsa said:

Well I never have a problem am in all day today with no problem 🙂

Do you want a medal??

The issue only arises (as been said multiple times by multiple people)  on the days where the license is updated/checked,  it doens't happen every second of every day. You coming here just to tell us you have not had the problem doesn't help anybody.

The issue with their licensing servers  is now fixed indeed.

Meanwhile their support staff have told me that the reason this was a problem for us in particular is because our system is checking for licensing more frequently than it should be. They then suggested I check my PHP environment to ensure it's working properly... yet *all* of this code that controls the frequency of their licensing checks is within their encoded PHP that I have no access to. Can't say I'm surprised that even during a systemwide licensing server outage they're happy to put at least partial blame on their customers for something that clearly has to be a problem with their own code.

1 hour ago, DennisHermannsen said:

I've been keeping an out out for Wisecp. That looks great!

Same here.  I'm currently making preps to move to WiSECP. 

WHMCS's price hikes over the years, them being bought by WebPros, new license fee structure as well as them spitting in the faces of many lifetime license holders made me question if I wanted to be using a software/service owned by such a company.    It was what me started at looking at other billing solutions; something I haven't done for 10 years.  

4 minutes ago, websavers said:

The issue with their licensing servers  is now fixed indeed.

Meanwhile their support staff have told me that the reason this was a problem for us in particular is because our system is checking for licensing more frequently than it should be. They then suggested I check my PHP environment to ensure it's working properly... yet *all* of this code that controls the frequency of their licensing checks is within their encoded PHP that I have no access to. Can't say I'm surprised that even during a systemwide licensing server outage they're happy to put at least partial blame on their customers for something that clearly has to be a problem with their own code.

*sigh*...

We're running multiple (5) WHMCS installations from the exact same environment. Same PHP version, same PHP settings, everything is the same (except for the document root). 3 out of the 5 installations were hit with this problem while the rest was not. The WHMCS employee who responding to your ticket is an idiot.