Is Codeguard worth using

snake

I have recently decided to enable codeguard, although none of my customers are using it yet.

I decided to go and search up some reviews and see if it was actually any good, but alas really have only found quite negative reviews saying that it doesn't reliably restore backups and that there is no support.

One review mentioned that if you call them, all you get an answering service who pass messages to codeguard and it takes days to even get a response.

So not sure I want to risk selling it to my customers now.

Is anyone here using it who can comment? have you ever restored any backups or used codeguard support?

hello @snake

I am using it and it never fails so far...auto backup automatically and it sends me emails with confirmation daily. It send data to amazon servers which brings me more peace of mind.

Price is also great as we have discount from marketconnect. I guess I test also restore backup once and works ok.

If you do not have any other backup reliable it is a great choice, Before I was using email database default on WHMCS, but code guard is of course lot better.

So currently I have a cron backup locally every day on my hosting  + codeguard which have been work great, witch those 2 in place I having been focuses on business growing.

PS1: despite is good believing in God, time to time I make a full cpanel backup and store offline on hardrive just in case.

PS2: I usually test all market connect services first before sold it out to clients..it is good understand how it works.

In my case I use 1GB plan which costs 5.25 USD year. it looks like they compress all files before backup, so it is soo cheap that looks OK, but if your files\server is so critical having other backup to complement it is a must.

It backup's ALL FILES and also DATABASE, regarding backup, I have made a test deleting some files and also tried restore from Code Guard and works.

I am on second year using Code guard, and did not have any issue to say for now. I am not trying to promote them, just trying to help others that could not have in place any backup's so it can help, as before using them I have a stress when my WHMCS kill his self. And also sometimes we have clients that think that hosting provider is 100% responsible 🤪 for backups, so this is a an option to increase our clients website confidence.

I have my entire public_html on backup.

image.thumb.png.295d63f3c2df8e290e7bddb2f64ce911.png

image.thumb.png.00ca2c9dcf5774c01cba690db820242c.png

image.png.270fe2856fb6ee0e3e7e87cd0921a93d.png

image.png.31c8d3f034f8357c98f93039047fb4b0.png

Edited by zitu4life

This is really useful if you earn money from your site so better protect the code. This prevents anyone from injecting scripts or malicious codes then youll see in the results in search engines the "this website maybe harmful". If you got this you can easily go back to the clean version of your site.

7 minutes ago, Magicklug said:

This is really useful if you earn money from your site so better protect the code. This prevents anyone from injecting scripts or malicious codes then youll see in the results in search engines the "this website maybe harmful". If you got this you can easily go back to the clean version of your site.

I know what codeguard does.

I did not ask what it does, nor did I say it was for my own use.

I suggest reading the question properly.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 5/31/2021 at 7:04 AM, snake said:

I know what codeguard does.

I did not ask what it does, nor did I say it was for my own use.

I suggest reading the question properly.

I've starting using it for my backups and some clients, but not using it via marketconnect, just direct. 

I've done a couple of restores, so far no issues.