Electronic invoice for WHMCS

zitu4life

Question

Electronic invoice is getting mandatory for some country's and perhaps it makes WHMCS invoice acceptable ("officialy for country where exists module for that")

I know that at least one developer on this community has some expertise on electronic invoice.

I am prospecting some information regarding electronic invoice for WHMCS.

If you have some experience in such a development fell free to let your comments here.  I am consider have a hired developer for a project building such a module in a country where electronic invoice is NEW and is expected in one year and half to get it working for the GOVERNMENT.

At this moment I know that:

1 - billing software can get integrate with GOVERNMENT website and pass information to that website where it will be generated there (Example: WHMCS will pass invoices generation to GOVERNMENT e-invoices system....this is know as less complex way.

2. e-invoice will be processed on billing system software according to docs and regulations.

Currently I am using WHMCS as management system and another accountable system because WHMCS invoices is not official acceptable, so idea is, if electronic invoices can make WHMCS creating invoices officially acceptable, risks for developing such module is viable, as same module can be sold out for other customer.

1 answer to this question

6 hours ago, zitu4life said:

Electronic invoice is getting mandatory for some country's and perhaps it makes WHMCS invoice acceptable ("officialy for country where exists module for that")

I know that at least one developer on this community has some expertise on electronic invoice.

I am prospecting some information regarding electronic invoice for WHMCS.

If you have some experience in such a development fell free to let your comments here.  I am consider have a hired developer for a project building such a module in a country where electronic invoice is NEW and is expected in one year and half to get it working for the GOVERNMENT.

At this moment I know that:

1 - billing software can get integrate with GOVERNMENT website and pass information to that website where it will be generated there (Example: WHMCS will pass invoices generation to GOVERNMENT e-invoices system....this is know as less complex way.

2. e-invoice will be processed on billing system software according to docs and regulations.

Currently I am using WHMCS as management system and another accountable system because WHMCS invoices is not official acceptable, so idea is, if electronic invoices can make WHMCS creating invoices officially acceptable, risks for developing such module is viable, as same module can be sold out for other customer.

You will quickly find out that WHMCS is a billing software and not an accounting software. It cannot properly calculate some tax related numbers, including credits or promos in the proper way. Most people that do some legal part with invoices, export the data to a proper accounting software which I assume also has electronic invoices and is in compliance with your local regulations. Reason why you don't see more people requesting legal finance stuff on WHMCS.

Many people tried to use WHMCS in terms of accounting, and they find many roadblocks that will require modifications (including me). It's just easier to export the data and do legal taxes and accounting separated from WHMCS unless you want to enter a world of nightmares.