Abandoned cart tracking

snake

SO I was trying to use the Mailchimp addon to do abandoned cart campaigns, but now I doscovered that this only works for logged in (existing)users, so is useless.

The whole point in abandoned cart tracking is for new customers that did not complete their order.

Is there any way to do this with WHMCS?

I found this addon
https://www.whmcssmarters.com/product/abandoned-cart-for-whmcs/

But the only feedback I can find online says it is not reliable.

The problem with abandoned carts on non-existing or logged in clients orders is you don't have their information stored or known yet.  Don't know how that module does it, but most likely it watches the fields and stores those fields along with the _SESSION['cart'] contents.  Then a link to a "get my cart back" is sent that rebuilds / replaces the _SESSION['cart'] with the saved one.  Or at least that is how I would do it.   I am actually surprised there isn't a module on the marketplace for this and even more so that that one isn't on there.

On 18/03/2021 at 11:12, snake said:

Is there any way to do this with WHMCS?

https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1747669&p=10108380#post10108380

MailChimp requires that the user have signed up or registered an account and accepted being on a mailing list.

if that's the  case, any alternate solution would fall down if you're going to break MailChimp's conditions to effectively spam them after they have left unregistered.

I know MailChimp have their own abandoned cart solutions (none for WHMCS), but I assume they're for use with known existing customers.

8 hours ago, steven99 said:

The problem with abandoned carts on non-existing or logged in clients orders is you don't have their information stored or known yet.  Don't know how that module does it, but most likely it watches the fields and stores those fields along with the _SESSION['cart'] contents.  Then a link to a "get my cart back" is sent that rebuilds / replaces the _SESSION['cart'] with the saved one.  Or at least that is how I would do it.   I am actually surprised there isn't a module on the marketplace for this and even more so that that one isn't on there.

not quite an abandoned cart solution, but there is Share Cart - which would at least allow the user to save their cart and return to it later.

https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/4625-share-cart

10 minutes ago, brian! said:

if that's the  case, any alternate solution would fall down if you're going to break MailChimp's conditions to effectively spam them after they have left unregistered.

I was actually thinking of that discussion but could not remember where it was at and how some didn't like it and some were like if you're typing on a site's form be ready for it to be captured. 

14 hours ago, steven99 said:

yes from what I have read, that is what it does, it captures the email address they enter on the form before they adandoned.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...