Domain Sync Dates - All changing?

slim

I updated to WHMCS 8.0 and noticed WHMCS is updating the Expiry Date and Next Due date on every domain.

Example:

- xxxx.com Expiry Date updated to 23/05/2021, Next Due Date updated to 22/04/2021

Not sure why it would do this? 

Edited by slim

I think what slim was getting at is the WHMCS Domain Synchronisation Cron Report is showing domains being updated to the same dates.  I have mine set for 4 hourly emails and I get the same list every 4 hours with the same domains changed to the same dates.

I have: Tick this box to enable automated domain syncing with supported registrars via cron, Enable - Number of Days to Set Due Date in Advance of Expiry, both ticked with 14 days sync.

I used to just get all the domains were synced, now I get they change to the same date every email:
REDACTED: Expiry Date updated to 30/09/2021, Next Due Date updated to 16/09/2021

Then 4 hours later, same domain:
REDACTED: Expiry Date updated to 30/09/2021, Next Due Date updated to 16/09/2021

I've obv removed the actual domain but thats just 1 line of the report.  Every domains changed, yet the dates shown in WHMCS match the dates their changing to.  Kinda odd.

Hope that explains better what we see.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @slim,

We've been able to reproduce the same behaviour in v8.0.0 on our side, so have opened case CORE-15409 with our development team to investigate.

Once we resolve cases and push features they are available at our change log, here:

https://changelog.whmcs.com/

I apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this.

Thanks again for taking the time to report your findings.

On 10/4/2020 at 4:12 PM, JofleyUK said:

@WHMCS John

It's partially fixed yes, you now get all the domain showing in the report now as:

DOMAIN Next Due Date updated to DATE  

With every cron run of the WHMCS Domain Synchronisation Cron Report

I'm seeing the same still on 8.0.2.

From checking the api logs of my domain registrar the sync cron appears to be working correctly. I'm just not sure why WHMCS keeps reporting the next due date being updated for EVERY domain it syncs.

Yes, its frustrating - Especially because there is no way of knowing if its changed.. It would be really handy if 

a) it could be fixed.

b) when WHMCS does update the next renew date or expiry date that it logs the previous date  - Even if its only mentioned in the email. So we can clean up a mess if it creates one.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi all,

I'm pleased to confirm that v8.0.2 addressed the issue related to domain sync Next Due Dates and an improvement to the reporting when an invalid domain is encountered:

• CORE-15468 - Correct reporting of Domain Sync Next Due Dates
  • CORE-15461 - Provide context for Invalid Domain errors in Domain Sync

Thank you for reporting those issues.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @webhostingpeople,

In v8.0 we implemented new methods for handling domains as part of the IDN features in v8.0, these have to be more strict about what is and isn't a valid domain.

In my experience a domain with a blank space at the start or the end could trigger an Invalid Domain warning (or some other character) so correcting those and re-saving will resolve these messages and help improve the accuracy of the data in your system.