Deactivating 2CheckOut

nwcasebolt

Is it possible to deactivate the 2CheckOut gateway module, or is it so baked into the WHMCS core that I'd be chipping at the platform's foundations? I want to limit the number of unused modules we're running, to minimize both our latency and our attack surface; but I haven't found a way to deactivate 2CheckOut through admin.

It's only active if you're using it or have enabled it. To disable (if it shows as active), you need to go here: /configgateways.php and look for "manage existing gateways". If it shows there, you choose "deactivate", which should prompt you to name a gateway to use in it's place. 

If it's not active and you simply want to remove it, you should be able to remove it from the modules/gateways by removing the tco folder and tco.php file. Same for any gateways not in use.

Edited by bear

We have the same problem.  After updating to the latest WHMCS, this  "2CheckOut" module is now showing up as active.  This is obviously a bug, as we've NEVER used it, and have no intention of ever using it.  Further, the suggestion on how to deactivate it simply does not work.   Under Manage Existing Gateways, 2Checkout is not listed, so it can't be deactivated here.   It's highlighted under All Payment Gateways, as if it's active, but you can't remove it here.   It's also showing as Active under Addons > Apps & Integrations... and, once again, you can't get rid of it. 

-  Scott

7 hours ago, ScottN said:

We have the same problem.  After updating to the latest WHMCS, this  "2CheckOut" module is now showing up as active.  This is obviously a bug, as we've NEVER used it, and have no intention of ever using it.  Further, the suggestion on how to deactivate it simply does not work.   Under Manage Existing Gateways, 2Checkout is not listed, so it can't be deactivated here.   It's highlighted under All Payment Gateways, as if it's active, but you can't remove it here.   It's also showing as Active under Addons > Apps & Integrations... and, once again, you can't get rid of it. 

-  Scott

I've submitted a bug report to WHMCS and will post any updates here.

This is WHMCS Support's response. Not sure I like the idea of running raw sql against the db to fix something that must be a code problem, but there you have it:

Unfortunately, I've been unable to replicate this issue however, there is a simple resolution.

Run the following SQL query which will ensure that WHMCS sees this module as fully deactivated:

DELETE FROM tblpaymentgateways WHERE gateway = 'tco';

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

17 hours ago, nwcasebolt said:

This is WHMCS Support's response. Not sure I like the idea of running raw sql against the db to fix something that must be a code problem, but there you have it

I agree that it's not ideal, but I had to do something similar when I setup the v7.9.1 dev as the db contained references to the deprecated PayPal Express gateway, and I was unable to remove it via the gateway pages because I assume there were no files present - so I ended up just manually removing references to it in the above db table.

• 2 months later...
On 13 February 2020 at 9:31 PM, nwcasebolt said:

This is WHMCS Support's response. Not sure I like the idea of running raw sql against the db to fix something that must be a code problem, but there you have it:

Thank you for sharing the ticket response, I have this issue. Never used or enabled 2checkout so ovious a bug still exsists when upgrading.