Sync enom expiration

stutco

Is there any way to sync with enom to get the domains and their expiration dates. I have started entering them manually but it is a real PITA. Other systems have this option but I can not find it anywhere with this one. PLEASE HELP. Importing 100's of domains will take forever....

We did it when we moved to WHMCS from modernbill.

Just ask enom for a CSV of your domains along with their expiry dates. (They did this within 1 hour for us).

Then using a SQL command, merge the CSV data into your WHMCS database.

Done.

Si

• 1 month later...
There is an actual function in the Enom API called "GetDomainExp" which gets the domain expiration date of a supplied domain. Surely there is the ability to have it built into WHMCS?

This certainly would be a nice feature -- synchronization that is.

With all of the transfers and other going ons -- things get out of sync. really quickly.

• 3 weeks later...
We did it when we moved to WHMCS from modernbill.

Just ask enom for a CSV of your domains along with their expiry dates. (They did this within 1 hour for us).

Then using a SQL command, merge the CSV data into your WHMCS database.

Done.

Si

Si: How did you add domains to the WHMCS system without renewing them? I'm new to this system and I'm looking for the "best practice" for "importing" existing domains. I don't mind entering them in by hand, but when I do WHMCS wants to bill them and treats them like "new" domains.

Any hints you could provide on this would be a great help!

Si: How did you add domains to the WHMCS system without renewing them? I'm new to this system and I'm looking for the "best practice" for "importing" existing domains. I don't mind entering them in by hand, but when I do WHMCS wants to bill them and treats them like "new" domains.

Any hints you could provide on this would be a great help!

Hi switch,

Well, I employed a database expert who worked entirely on the db directly, to amend things, after we'd used the modernbill import script. This obviously bypassed any other steps that the WHMCS script would generate. Chickendippers method would work as well though. It just depends on how many customers and domains etc you have to work with as to how you would proceed.

Si

Si: How did you add domains to the WHMCS system without renewing them? I'm new to this system and I'm looking for the "best practice" for "importing" existing domains. I don't mind entering them in by hand, but when I do WHMCS wants to bill them and treats them like "new" domains

Place the order as a "transfer"

Enter your company name in the EPP field

When accepting the order *untick* send to registry and set the registrar to None

Edit the domain/set the right price/dates/etc, click save

Chose the correct registrar, click save

Thanks guys!

othellotech, the only step I added after yours was going back in to edit the domain (in WHMCS) and updating the expiration date. For me it shows 00/00/0000 unless I manually input the expiration. I wish it updated this automatically, but oh well.

othellotech, the only step I added after yours was going back in to edit the domain (in WHMCS) and updating the expiration date. For me it shows 00/00/0000 unless I manually input the expiration. I wish it updated this automatically, but oh well.

Thats would be the step in my instructions that reads

Edit the domain/set the right price/dates/etc, click save :P

And expiry dates in your *billing* system dont have to coincide with the expiry dates *on the domain* for a variety of reasons ...

Thats would be the step in my instructions that reads

Edit the domain/set the right price/dates/etc, click save :P

And expiry dates in your *billing* system dont have to coincide with the expiry dates *on the domain* for a variety of reasons ...

That's a lot to squish into one line, sorry I missed that :)

It's extremely important to note that if one doesn't update the due date the system will double bill those domains (with failures), which it did in my case.

It tried to transfer the domain (even though I already have it in my system), sent an email error notification (causing confusion), and went ahead and billed for the domain ANYWAY (forcing me to issue a refund), even though the transfer failed.

The whole eNom integration seems to leave a lot to be desired... I wish it updated the correct expiration date straight from eNom and updated the due date accordingly. If I opted to not create an invoice, why would the due date be today? Odd not to default to when the domain would renew.

And in fact, that's another question: when should the 'due date' be manually set to? 30 days before the domain expiration date? On that same date (is this system smart enough to know to remind the customer of upcoming domain expirations)?

But oh well, I'm obviously going to have to go through a few more days of testing on test accounts, this was only one customer but way too much went wrong to risk actually doing this on a massive scale :(

Place the order as a "transfer"

Are you sure it should be a transfer? On my system it's attempting to "complete the transfer", and sending me emails about missing EPP keys:

The order placed for [domain].com has received its first payment and has been automatically submitted to the registrar

Client ID: 000000000X
Domain: [domain].com
Error: An authorization key is required for [domain].com

How do I get WHMCS to know that this domain has already been "transfered" (in the sense that there isn't actually any transfer happening at all, since it was in my eNom account before I started, and it remains in my Enom account afterwards)?

• WHMCS CEO

Why are you actually submitting the transfer to Enom? You seem to be generating an invoice, marking it paid, and have the automation enabled for submitting the order to the registrar. You should in fact be ticking the box when placing the order so that it never even generates an invoice, never marking it paid and therefore never running the on payment automation of submitting to the registrar. You should then set the next due date immediately after placing the order to add it to the system. And that way, you won't get any problems.

As for why it would be due today when choosing to generate an invoice, that is because for a transfer order you would normally want your client to pay immediately before it can be processed. You may think differently here because what you are doing is adding backdated items rather than a real transfer.

This process is explained in the manual here: http://v3manual.whmcs.com/?id=108

Matt

Hi Matt,

I may have made a mistake and not ticked the "do not create an invoice", but I don't think so. If this looks like an actual bug I'll recreate it and document it fully for you, as I have done in the past. If it turns out I just made a mistake, well then that explains it.

I take your point about how normally transfers should be due today, and I agree.

I wish there was a cleaner method for users like me that are migrating over existing domains to WHMCS (I wish I didn't have to do a "fake" transfer, etc., it seems, and indeed IS, complicated and prone to error). But I can make do, it's not the end of the world. This is, after all, a one-time problem (hopefully).

---

So, let's say I DID make a mistake and forgot to tick the box to not create an invoice. What do I do to fix it? Manually delete that invoice?

Also, you said: "You should then set the next due date immediately after placing the order to add it to the system."

What date should the due date be set to? The date the domain expires? Or expiration - 30 days (or whatever I want)? What's the best practice in this situation?

For my 2c worth, I'd also like a routine to 'Check Expiry Dates' where it would go through our WHMCS database and check each domain against our eNom account. Ideally it would then present a checkbox list of domains with the WHMCS and the ENOM expiry dates and the option to automatically reconcile them. Even just an out-of-sync report would be a good start. :)

Are you sure it should be a transfer? On my system it's attempting to "complete the transfer", and sending me emails about missing EPP keys:

Ok, that would be the line on my instructions that reads...

When accepting the order *untick* send to registry and set the registrar to None

You're not doing so well on the RTFM at the mo then ;)

For my 2c worth, I'd also like a routine to 'Check Expiry Dates' where it would go through our WHMCS database and check each domain against our eNom account. Ideally it would then present a checkbox list of domains with the WHMCS and the ENOM expiry dates and the option to automatically reconcile them. Even just an out-of-sync report would be a good start. :)

Out of synch report is do-able ...

create an SQL table

domain whmcs-expirydate registrar-expiry

write some sql to copy your tbldomains into it

write something to parse the csv file of domains from enom into it

query the differences

:D

Matt+Team,

It would be really good if we could have true expiry dates, I have allot of .uk domains that people transfer in, transferring a .uk domain does not automatically add X years like .com/net etc do, so the expiry in WHMCS maybe 2yrs from today if a domain was transferred in today, when actuall the expiry date is in 6 months.