Brett
Retired Forum Member-
Posts
324 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Hotfixes
Everything posted by Brett
-
What if they are logged in? I don't think there is anything that can be done about that...
-
Can you post a link to the site? Or at the very least the code.
-
Here is the last page that I will be posting - Knowledgebase http://www.giverepair.com/whmcs/cleint_knowedgebase.html Thanks everyone!
-
and to expand, all of your javascript and css files are loading via http as well. You will need to change that. Also https://www.siorostudios.com/customers/templates/siorostudio/template.css is FULL of http requests. You need to change everything to be relative.
-
Intergration With Joomla Up-To-Date Tutorials
Brett replied to sounds's question in Pre-Sales Questions
Yes, WHMCs is a complete billing and support system geared for web hosting companies. You are hooked on this idea of Joomla however. Forget Joomla and forget about WHMCS. What is the website you are picturing? I know joomla well and understand what it is but what is the community aspect of the site? What are you selling? What modules would you use in joomla? What do you want? -
Intergration With Joomla Up-To-Date Tutorials
Brett replied to sounds's question in Pre-Sales Questions
When you say a "Joomla community", what is it exactly that you have in mind? Forums? What is the purpose of Joomla? If you are looking just for a CMS, then you would just want to change templates, but if you are looking just for forums, then get some dedicated forum software. You need to be 100% clear on what it is that you want. I can do amazing things with integrations, and I can at least point you in the right direction on what it is you can do. What do you have pictured? -
Do you have cpanel and are an admin on the server?
-
I just wanted to share a couple more pages that I have done. Customer Ticket - make sure to click the reply button http://giverepair.com/whmcs/client_tickets.html Customer Login http://giverepair.com/whmcs/default_login.html
-
Intergration With Joomla Up-To-Date Tutorials
Brett replied to sounds's question in Pre-Sales Questions
If you are looking to have a store integrated into a shopping cart, I might be able to help. There is a shopping cart called CS-Cart. Do a google search and it will be the first one. I can sell you a module that will sync all the user data to whmcs. You would then edit your template to point back the CS-Cart for changing the password and user information. Basically, when the user signed up, or changes any of the information in CS-Cart, it sends that data along to WHMCS via the API. I mainly use WHMCS as a business portal where I can charge business and create quotes. I rarely use it for the hosting side of things. But it works really well for me. I am not sure your situation, but you need to make sure that you need them integrated. If you are just using WHMCS's cart, then there is no reason to have the two integrated. You just need to have the templates changed to match the site and logins pointed to WHMCS. I use CS-Cart as the main user repository and this allows me to authenticate WHMCS, Kayako and recently Invision Power Board to the main site. From the sounds of it, you need to make sure of what you want before you spend any money. There be some deep rabbit holes in these areas. -
Thanks for the heads up. I have those completely edited out of my template since I don't use those section and there is nothing that links to them.
-
That would be amazing! I have the same thing happening on my website - https://manage.giverepair.com/ I have all of my registrations done on my main site and the user is created and updated via the API. That would allow me to hack the template a lot less then what I do now. Thanks for the compliments Matt. If anyone has any questions about my design, please do not hesitate to ask.
-
Can you give an example? Are you looking for templates that have bigger fonts or are easier for screen reader software?
-
{$clientsdetails.customfields1} Like I said, if you put {debug} into the template, that does wonders for finding relevant information.
-
So, just a suggestion. If you put {debug} into a smarty template, you will get all of the information that you could ever want. It will have a pop-up window that should provide you with some information. Can you throw up the relevant information from that?
-
Intergration With Joomla Up-To-Date Tutorials
Brett replied to sounds's question in Pre-Sales Questions
So are you wanting the users database to stay in sync with WHMCS or are you wanting to sync WHMCS to joomla? What is it that you are trying to accomplish? -
Thanks! I am probably going to go ahead and move forward with this design, even if it does not get picked up here. I will let you know.
-
Thanks, I kinda fixed the issue. The only problem now is that the menu will not hide when you click on the actual root menu item. I will see if I can fix that later. I am by no means a jQuery expert, so it will take me a little while. Thanks for the feedback!
-
One last quick update, and then I am done unless someone wants to see some other page. Here are some domain management ideas - Main domains list http://giverepair.com/whmcs/client_domains.html Domain information http://giverepair.com/whmcs/client_domains_domain.html Changing Domain Nameservers http://giverepair.com/whmcs/client_domains_nameserver.html
-
I have put together a demo of what I am thinking about. these are in no way complete, but it should give everyone a good idea of where I am going with this. Here is a link to the home page. This is what the user will see when they go to the main site - http://giverepair.com/whmcs/default_home.html This would be the the site when the user logs in. Please notice the nav up top changes - http://giverepair.com/whmcs/client_home.html This is what the user would see when they go to the invoices - http://giverepair.com/whmcs/client_invoices.html Now you might be wondering how this could possibly integrate into existing designes. It is very simple. There is only ~4 lines that need to be commented out or changed. Here are the pages again with the top menu detached. It should be easy to integrate this into existing sites - http://giverepair.com/whmcs/default_home_det.html http://giverepair.com/whmcs/client_home_det.html http://giverepair.com/whmcs/client_invoices_det.html This would cover the majority of the sections. Now if you notice, the search is now missing from the tool bar. After thinking about it, I don't know if the user would use the search from the main sections of the site very often. Instead what I would propose is to have the search section very prominently placed sort of like this - http://support.assistly.com/ Again, here is a link to the bootstrap docs - http://giverepair.com/whmcs/bootstrap/docs/ This would be basically building on top of a framework. If you notice on the HTML side of things, I have a whmcs.css file. Ideally you would never make any changes to the bootstrap css file. You would use the whmcs.css file to override any default changes that you want in that file. This will allow easy upgrading of the css framework in the future. Let me know if there is something that could be changed to make this better. Thanks!
-
I would like to throw my entry out there. One thing that I wave always liked about WHMCS is the ease of changing the template and fitting them to the design that I want. However, the biggest problem that WHMCS has is that the HTML and CSS are sometimes a bit difficult to work with. I would propose that we implement a CSS framework. I came across a framework that Twitter released as an open source project called Bootstrap. It can be found here - http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/ This will give the designer / developer a whole set of tools to use when changing the theme to match their own site. What I would like to see is the theme be more generic. No more colored backgrounds and use black, white and grey. I would also like to see the theme be better able to stand on it's own. This means that if someone were to upload WHMCS to clients.mydomain.com, it would look more like a stand alone portal that is vastly different from the main site. So this is a very quick mockup of the front page - http://www.giverepair.com/whmcs/whmcs_front_page.png This is the front page with the top bar detached - http://giverepair.com/whmcs/whmcs_front_page_detached.png I will try and get a client area put together as well. Let me know what everyone's thoughts are as well. I will be submitting a couple more images of mockups for the client area and such.
-
That is good to hear! I did not know about that. I will make a note of it in my script then when people try to setup WHMCS. If it is all the same, I think I will keep it just so I have more systems covered. Thanks for the work that you all do!
-
Hello! I just wanted to let everyone know that I have written a kayako 4 loginshare script. It uses the WHMCS api, so it should work relatively well. It can be found here - http://forums.kayako.com/f211/kayako-loginshare-script-includes-drupal-interspire-wordpress-more-coming-29608/ Let me know if anyone has any questions.
-
I would love to help out!
-
I will be releasing updates in about 2-3 months. I have been working on some other projects, but will be getting back the this project soon.
