whmcsmoduleshop sprung back into action

easyhosting

Hi Guys

For those who have modules by nohalfpixel/whmcsmoduleshop and found they failed to work and no support by the owner Lee Mason for the last year or more.

Well it seems this has sprung back into action  as i just got an email about and order i never placed

Dear  ************,

WHMCS Module Shop is happy to accept your order and glad to have you as a valued client.

Your order for the Module Club - Power Plan has now been activated.

Install Instructions are provided further down in this email.

Please keep this message for your records.

You will need to take note of your license key below to activate the module.

------------------------------------------------------

WHMCS Module Club: Power Plan
Module License Key: *********************************
Payment Method: PayPal
Amount: $480.00USD
Billing Cycle: Annually
Next Due Date: Wednesday, November 18th, 2020
Download Link: https://whmcsmoduleshop.com/clientarea.php?action=productdetails*******

You can login to your client area here: https://whmcsmoduleshop.com/.

Thank you for choosing to join the WHMCS Module Club.

Module Install Instructions

Installing the module is simple, just follow the steps below:

Login to your client area and download the latest version of the module here (you must be logged in): https://whmcsmoduleshop.com/clientarea.php?action=productdetails********
    Upload the Module to the modules/addons folder of your site (this step can be skipped if you already have the module installed for another module).
    Login to your site and activate the WHMCS Module Shop Module via the Setup->Addon Modules Menu Item (you will also need to set access rights for this module).
    Login to your site and activate the module.
    Navigate to the module under the Addons menu item.
    Then enter and save your license key for the module and set any options to the desired values.
    Once that is done you are ready to use the module.

More information and details can be found in the modules README.md file.

---
WHMCS Module Shop
http://whmcsmoduleshop.com

I know 1 thing i will not be paying them anything as i had cancelled all my modules with them as they were not upto date and gave no support which i had paid for.

Even though the invoice they sent me is as below, as i never ordered this then they have acted illegally under UK laws

Dear ************),

This is a notice that an invoice has been generated on Monday, November 18th, 2019.

Your payment method is: PayPal

Invoice #321
Amount Due: $0.00USD
Due Date: Monday, November 18th, 2019

Invoice Items

Power (18/11/2019 - 17/11/2020) $480.00USD
Promotional Code: LEGACYIMPORT - 100.00% One Time Discount $-480.00USD
Sub Total: $0.00USD
20.00% VAT: $0.00USD
Credit: $0.00USD
Total: $0.00USD

You can login to your client area to view and pay the invoice at https://whmcsmoduleshop.com/viewinvoice.php?*******

---
WHMCS Module Shop
http://whmcsmoduleshop.com

Edited by easyhosting

42 minutes ago, brian! said:

there are no notices of changes to ownership or directors on their Companies House page...

all i can see is rather being No Half Pixel Ltd they have been taken over by  Gambit Nash Ltd and Lee made a director in 2018.  Why would you give the n previous owner a directorship when he messed up then business in the first place by not updating modules and ignoring clients.

17 minutes ago, easyhosting said:

all i can see is rather being No Half Pixel Ltd they have been taken over by  Gambit Nash Ltd and Lee made a director in 2018.

NHP was compulsory struck off* the register by CH, so therefore wasn't taken over in that sense.

* - This action is typically initiated by Companies House as the result of unpaid taxes, or failure to file your company accounts. If directors do not file their accounts and fail to reply to warnings from Companies House, businesses can be struck off the Companies House register and will cease to exist, even if they are still trading. There can be serious consequences for directors of companies dissolved in this way.

Lee appears to have gone from owning 100% of NHP to 17.5% of GN - with 5 of the 6 members of the "new support team" splitting the remaining shareholding.

29 minutes ago, easyhosting said:

Why would you give the previous owner a directorship when he messed up then business in the first place by not updating modules and ignoring clients.

a good question - and one I suspect that we'll never know the answer to.

Hello All,

As easy hosting has mentioned yes the module shop has been re launched.

For those existing clients that are confused or worried about the emails being received yesterday and today sorry about that. We have been sending emails out over the past few weeks and months detailing whats been happening and what to expect. But it does appear some users havent seen or received those preparation emails.

Just to clarify, your legacy modules are still available for you download (all open sourced), if you dont know the location of those downloads just open a ticket with us and we will direct you correctly.

The new account/service emails you have received are simply us trying to make a mends for the significant lack of support or communication over the last few years.

Existing clients will of received access to 12 months free on the new service which contains brand new redevelopments of the old modules (some are still being developed).

This is a no obligation period where you can use any combination of modules you want to try and regain some trust with the WHMCS community.

We are fully aware this will be a long (if at all possible) process but we are trying our best.

As some have detailed and can be found in the introductory blog post we have a significantly enlarged team now (3 developers and multiple support operators).

This was the biggest failing previously which we are fully aware of and if given the chance we are hoping to rectify.

We 100% understand the negativity, all that we can do and will do is deliver a better service with the module shops better backing now in place.

We also understand those who no longer want to take a chance on us, we once again can only apologies for that. If you give us the chance we would love the opportunity to restore any faith.

But if not please just let us know and we will close/delete your account.

We really hope the community will accept our apology and we will be aiming to reward that with significantly improved products, communication and support.

Regards

The Module Shop Team 

5 hours ago, brian! said:

* - This action is typically initiated by Companies House as the result of unpaid taxes, or failure to file your company accounts. If directors do not file their accounts and fail to reply to warnings from Companies House, businesses can be struck off the Companies House register and will cease to exist, even if they are still trading. There can be serious consequences for directors of companies dissolved in this way.

If you fail to submit accounts on time you get a £150 fine by CH, its either pay then £150 or pay £10+VAT to dissolve the company

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry every, looks like this is still the same setup with no support at all.

I thought I would try (against better judgement) and then got billed twice and the invoice was still showing unpaid (which it still does now)

Open a ticket about it, and no reply at all - yet they have an option to charge you another $10 to get a higher priority.

Sorry guys, with the business run the way it was before one would have thought you would be doing everything to try to get a good name (but in this case you think you can just change it)

46 minutes ago, stevea said:

Sorry every, looks like this is still the same setup with no support at all.

I thought I would try (against better judgement) and then got billed twice and the invoice was still showing unpaid (which it still does now)

Open a ticket about it, and no reply at all - yet they have an option to charge you another $10 to get a higher priority.

Sorry guys, with the business run the way it was before one would have thought you would be doing everything to try to get a good name (but in this case you think you can just change it)

I would never trust them as why purchase a company from someone that did not update modules or offer support to their customers and lied in tickets and then go and make this person a director or your company.

They try and get round customers by placing orders without their permission and generating invoices ( even though they say you get free access for 12 mths to all the modules), but after 12 mths to keep the modules you will have to pay them $480 USD all without placing an order in then first place.

So anyone new will have to pay $480USD for a years use of modules, but they could like before do a runner and provide outdated modules and no support while they have your money.

Edited by easyhosting

Hello Stevea,

We have just responded to your ticket, sorry for the delay on this, just for everyone else reference this ticket was submitted at 03:00am GMT and we have just responded which is significantly longer than we would like as we have been able to respond to tickets. With a current average  of 2 hours 47 mins (average since september)the reason for the delay was today  happened to be our xmas preparation day so we may need to cater more time for this in the future to improve on this.

It appears you have paid twice, of which both have been refunded yet we have still enabled your service to give you the opportunity to review the modules if you so wish..

Both payments require explicit permission from paypal to be authorised before they could of been taken, they couldn't be taken without you giving expressed permission to do so. It appears the first payment was marked by paypal internally as a risky transaction and put the payment on hold. This would prevent the invoice being marked as paid, and then a further transaction was authorised which would require explicit consent to do so (both for the original invoice).

We have refunded both and we would be really grateful if you could tell us what steps were taken to cause a double payment as we want to ensure any existing or new clients have the best experience possible. 

Regards

@Module Shop - personally I think the business model should be to allow to purchase an owned license with zero callbacks.

I have had in the past modules via a business partner Danny de Hek which he paid for, and now as lost out on with your change in systems.

What options are there for an owned CMS addon license?

@stevea

The previous modules are still available to you via the legacy modules page where you can download the open source versions which no longer contain license checks within them, we sent an email about these a while back but if you need more info on finding them just let us know via a ticket and we will send you the details.

I have responded to your owned license questions via your ticket, but just to update anyone else who reads this ive quoted that part of the response below:

The choice to have a renewable service has been to make expectations of the purchase clear. One of the issues the module shop faced previously was the expectation by users of access to updates of one time purchases after the initial 12 months updates period without purchasing the annual support and updates package.

This lead to some confusion as some users felt wronged if a new whmcs incompatibility was found in the future. And to find they had no further support and updates active for the purchase. Im sure you can understand providing a one time option at a competitive price, but also with an expectation it will work forever are two incompatible requirements as the future is unknown and changes to whmcs are something we cant predict or influence.

We feel the recurring service clears up any confusion here, and doesn't surprise users with extra charges they may not of been expecting.

It also puts a clear requirement on us as the developers to ensure any future incompatibilities are dealt with swiftly, otherwise we wouldnt be providing the service we are offering.

Looking at other module developers pricing structure we feel the new service we offer can be comparable and competitive.

Alot of module developers offer modules anywhere from $25-$200 for an owned license, but then also usually offer some form of "support and updates" renewable with pricing ranging from $10 every quarter to the full initial purchase price yearly.

We feel our new service offering is comparable in actual price, but much clearer on the actual cost of continued long term use.

We dont plan to offer a one time owned license at present but if there is enough feedback from the community we would look into it, we are trying to regain trust and we are open to any suggestions that will help in that goal.

Hi everyone,

I have now locked this topic, and remind users we expect all users to be friendly and polite. While we understand that users will disagree and have different points of view at times, this can be communicated in a civil manner, Personal  attacks, name-calling and insults will not be tolerated on WHMCS.Community. in accordance with our community guidelines.