2CheckOut Account has been declined

Craft

I used them for hosting billing for years using WHMCS, without issue. Maybe I was able to use them because hosting wasn't prohibited when I joined?
We left when they made it untenable for us due to silent cost changes. Our rate, the one we'd signed up with, more than doubled per transaction, without notice. When we contacted them and pointed out it still showed the expected rate on their website, within the hour that page vanished and was replaced with a new rate chart...STILL showing we should have been charged less. 
They refused to honor any of it, and we stopped using them. Took nearly 5 months to get the last of our funds off there. 

You dodged a bullet. Almost anyone else would be a better choice, IMHO.

9 minutes ago, bear said:

I used them for hosting billing for years using WHMCS, without issue. Maybe I was able to use them because hosting wasn't prohibited when I joined?
We left when they made it untenable for us due to silent cost changes. Our rate, the one we'd signed up with, more than doubled per transaction, without notice. When we contacted them and pointed out it still showed the expected rate on their website, within the hour that page vanished and was replaced with a new rate chart...STILL showing we should have been charged less. 
They refused to honor any of it, and we stopped using them. Took nearly 5 months to get the last of our funds off there. 

You dodged a bullet. Almost anyone else would be a better choice, IMHO.

There is something not understandable, how 2CO is integrating with WHMCS and they refuse any new client using WHMCS!!

What is the new gateway you have been using since you stopped using 2CO?

55 minutes ago, Craft said:

There is something not understandable, how 2CO is integrating with WHMCS and they refuse any new client using WHMCS!!

What is the new gateway you have been using since you stopped using 2CO?

I seriously doubt the use of WHMCS is behind their decision, or that you offer web hosting, unless it's adult or warez related. That sort of thing is prohibited at the link you gave in that screen shot, but hosting is not. No mention of the billing system in use being a factor. 

We went from 2Checkout to Stripe.  Aside from the recurring payments not working due to changes only implemented in the latest version of WHMCS (we haven't moved to it due to some bugs as yet not resolved), it's been terrific and smooth. 

As far as integrating 2Checkout into WHMCS, there's a module for it. Simple to set up. 

Edited by bear
typo

52 minutes ago, bear said:

I seriously doubt the use of WHMCS is behind their decision, or that you offer web hosting, unless it's adult or warez related. That sort of thing is prohibited at the link you gave in that screen shot, but hosting is not. No mention of the billing system in use being a factor. 

We went from 2Checkout to Stripe.  Aside from the recurring payments not working due to changes only implemented in the latest version of WHMCS (we haven't moved to it due to some bugs as yet not resolved), it's been terrific and smooth. 

As far as integrating 2Checkout into WHMCS, there's a module for it. Simple to set up. 

I'm thinking to deal with Stripe too. What is your feedback of using Stripe?

What is your preferred bank you are using with Stripe? Electronic banks like (Payoneer) or Normal banks?

When i was hosting i had issues with 2co.

The setup account which was fine ( they set you with a buyer and seller account), but if you dont sell anything through then in a 3 mth period they close your seller account, so you can only use your account to buy through them , but not allowed to sell anything through them.

when i challenged this and asked them why they think they can make their own customers force their clients to use 2co, which they denied this is what they were doing. so in then end i just left them for stripe

35 minutes ago, easyhosting said:

When i was hosting i had issues with 2co.

The setup account which was fine ( they set you with a buyer and seller account), but if you dont sell anything through then in a 3 mth period they close your seller account, so you can only use your account to buy through them , but not allowed to sell anything through them.

when i challenged this and asked them why they think they can make their own customers force their clients to use 2co, which they denied this is what they were doing. so in then end i just left them for stripe

What is your preferred bank you are using with Stripe? Electronic banks like (Payoneer) or Normal banks?

11 hours ago, Craft said:

I linked stripe to my main business account, but you can have separate accounts within your main account.  for all i have not ran my hosting business since May 2018 i still have my stripe account and have used it twice to filter payment through a couple of fundraising pages 

9 minutes ago, brian! said:

there are some pretty innocent things on 2co's prohibited list, so i'm not suggesting anything with the question. 🙂

I sent them another email yesterday and they answered me.

They are not accepting "Web Hosting" business any more.

I think WHMCS should stop referring us to 2Checkout.

2CO Email.png

1 hour ago, wsa said:

maybe it is because your Term, Money-Back Guarantee, Privacy doesn't work they check on that &  whmcs orderform no logo. 2cho check everything 

It's still under construction.

But what do you mean by (whmcs orderform no logo)?

8 minutes ago, Craft said:

But what do you mean by (whmcs orderform no logo)?

he probably means that your WHMCS site has no logo.

8 minutes ago, Craft said:

It's still under construction.

then if it had been me, I would have completed the site before applying for the 2co account... but that's irrelevant now as you're not going to be able to use 2co - so you'll have to look elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, brian! said:

he probably means that your WHMCS site has no logo.

Because I'm using WHMCS-Bridge plugin which allowing me to add my logo once at WordPress header, so I can remove it from WHMCS

8 minutes ago, brian! said:

then if it had been me, I would have completed the site before applying for the 2co account... but that's irrelevant now as you're not going to be able to use 2co - so you'll have to look elsewhere.

I think Stripe is much better

Yes you need to have a completed site before you signup with 2co they check everything this happened to a client my also until he fixes everything then they approve him

Stripe also make sure you have the Term, Money-Back Guarantee, Privacy working 🙂

1 hour ago, brian! said:

I agree.

when i set up any ecommerce site the the very last thing i set up is the payment gateways as what is the point of setting up a payment system when you dont have a website to sell anything

• 9 months later...

My application was also just declined.  My store sells urban men's clothing like denim jeans (mainly).  First they sent me this email:

Thank you for your inquiry and interest in 2Checkout.

We are sorry to inform you that, following a careful review of your application, our Underwriting Department has determined that your submission is not compliant with our 2Checkout Prohibited Product List/Acceptable Use Policy: https://www.2checkout.com/legal/acceptance/.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you again for your interest.

Best regards,
The 2Checkout Team
https://www.2checkout.com/

Then when I replied that I had removed gift cards and the affiliate partner page from the site as per their Prohibited Product List/Acceptable Use Policy, then they told me that I didn't submit all requested documents.   I had already submitted the documents days before, which I mentioned, but anyways I resubmitted them again and then they came back with this reply:

We appreciate your interest in 2Checkout and thank you for your fast reply.

We subjected your application to our standard evaluation risk criteria as 2Checkout is responsible for the payouts it processes in front of the processing partners it works with and must observe the updated risk standards imposed to us.

You can re-apply for an account with 2Checkout for a different business model and our Compliance team will assist you further.

We can certainly understand your disappointment given your account is being declined and we regret that we are unable to meet your business needs. We do wish you best of luck with your business!

Best regards,

So then I sent a reply email asking them to please help me understand what I need to do in order to get the approval.  Still waiting....

Does anyone have any ideas?  

23 hours ago, indie_east said:

My application was also just declined.  My store sells urban men's clothing like denim jeans (mainly).  First they sent me this email:

Thank you for your inquiry and interest in 2Checkout.

We are sorry to inform you that, following a careful review of your application, our Underwriting Department has determined that your submission is not compliant with our 2Checkout Prohibited Product List/Acceptable Use Policy: https://www.2checkout.com/legal/acceptance/.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,
The 2Checkout Team
https://www.2checkout.com/

Then when I replied that I had removed gift cards and the affiliate partner page from the site as per their Prohibited Product List/Acceptable Use Policy, then they told me that I didn't submit all requested documents.   I had already submitted the documents days before, which I mentioned, but anyways I resubmitted them again and then they came back with this reply:

We appreciate your interest in 2Checkout and thank you for your fast reply.

We subjected your application to our standard evaluation risk criteria as 2Checkout is responsible for the payouts it processes in front of the processing partners it works with and must observe the updated risk standards imposed to us.

You can re-apply for an account with 2Checkout for a different business model and our Compliance team will assist you further.

We can certainly understand your disappointment given your account is being declined and we regret that we are unable to meet your business needs. We do wish you best of luck with your business!

Best regards,

So then I sent a reply email asking them to please help me understand what I need to do in order to get the approval.  Still waiting....

Does anyone have any ideas?  

Forget 2CO and look at Stripe, even if approved by 2CO you need to process payments through them constantly otherwise they will revert your account to a buyer only account, so you could not sell using 2CO.