How to apply multiple Hotfixes

I have a question about the Hotfixes - if there are multiple for the same version of WHMCS and they contain the same file, are we supposed to manually combine the two versions of said file? For example, if I apply the CORE-13801 for v. 7.8.3, and then also want to apply the Payment Gateway Issues hotfix for v. 7.8.3, they both contain some of the same files, so if I download and replace as the instructions say, won't the second hotfix un-do the changes from the first? How do we apply multiple hotfixes?

I "think 🙄"   we should   assume   that  if we   follow   WHMCS   sequence   of   make public  those   hotfix  , next   hotfix   delivered   will   come with   all past updates, so   if you did not  follow   past updates on the time   they got   published....I guess best   is navigate to   https://whmcs.community/files/category/76-v78x-hotfixes/   for   7.8.3   hotfix   published    update   and follow all    on the sequence   they have   published by date:

- CORE-13774 - Separate email CC's when opening a ticket as a support contact via email                   Posted    October 11
-   Payment Gateway Issues (Reference, eWay, Auth.net CIM, Stripe, 2Checkout, Accept.js                     Posted   October 11
-    CORE-13809 - GoCardless Mandate Migration Improvement                                                                                                                                        Posted    October 14
-   CORE-13801 - Call to undefined function run_hook accessing Client Area                                                                                 Posted    October 28

If we apply   hotfix   posted   on october   28   first    and then  goes to   october   14   and  later   go  to october 11 if   some   of those   files   were override  I thing   you assume   right   it could  make a mess. If those   hotfix   are not   files   related perhaps   doesn't   mater  , but files   are    hardcoded, so   I usually    follow    WHMCS   dates   published   or wait   v7.9  release that will come with all previous hotfix.

Edited by zitu4life

• 3 weeks later...

Did you manage to figure out which hotfix would be the correct one to apply?  I am upgrading from 7.7.1 to 7.8.3 and wondering if we go by the 'Updated on' or 'Posted on' date, thanks.

It would make most sense that if I download the full 7.8.3 release today  it would already have the hotfixes applied but that doesn't seem to be the case when I compare the last modified dates of some of the files when compared to the hotfixes.

1 hour ago, bigsean said:

Did you manage to figure out which hotfix would be the correct one to apply?  I am upgrading from 7.7.1 to 7.8.3 and wondering if we go by the 'Updated on' or 'Posted on' date, thanks.

they should all be independe

1. CORE-13774 - Separate email CC's when opening a ticket as a support contact via email

2. CORE-13809 - GoCardless Mandate Migration Improvement

3. CORE-13801 - Call to undefined function run_hook accessing Client Area

4. Payment Gateway Issues (Reference, eWay, Auth.net CIM, Stripe, 2Checkout, Accept.js)

contrary to what Chris says, there are four hotfixes - the mega 4th which I think was continuously updated and consolidated with payment bug fixes, and the other 3 which are seemingly not included in the 4th (though i'm happy to be corrected if i'm wrong).

1 hour ago, bigsean said:

It would make most sense that if I download the full 7.8.3 release today  it would already have the hotfixes applied but that doesn't seem to be the case when I compare the last modified dates of some of the files when compared to the hotfixes.

of course it would make sense... as would a popup message after installing v7.8.3 telling the user there are hotfixes available... neither option occurs... i've been banging on about this for years. 🙄

@bigsean My issue (I think?) seems to be okay now after I installed the Payment Gateway hotfix, but I still have no idea about the others, and I haven't installed them. If @brian! says to install them in that order then I'll probably try that too. Frankly, as @brian! also mentioned, I can't understand why they don't update the core when new hotfixes are released or bump the minor version so we can just install the damn things from the admin. This makes it a huge pain and we never know there's an issue or a hotfix until a CUSTOMER points it out, which obviously is very non-ideal. Hope they do something about it someday. As full-featured as WHMCS is it'd be nice if they started making it less clunky.