decline non UK registrations

snake

Not with standard WHMCS but you can easily block them in multiple ways:

• GeoIP block YouToube style (eg. "This video is not available in your country")
  • Prevent non-UK customers from registering forcing "Country" with  UK
  • Accept non-UK registrations but automatically close their accounts and/or redirect them to a specific page
  • If you're doing it due to scammers, probably a better option is to disallow "vulnerable" Payment Methods for specific countries

NOTE: until BREXIT is closed, you can't exclude EU customers: you're required to accept customers from any EU country.

How to do it:

•  go to setup -> general settings -> other and check "country" in "Locked Client Profile Fields" (so user will not be able to modify it after registration)
  • edit clientregister.tpl in order to limit the countries which the user can select during registering

Edited by Remitur

11 hours ago, snake said:

ok, so how can I force country to UK and not allow non uk addresses?

the problem with this is that for every solution I can think of, I can see a workaround...

Kian's list would be a good starting point...

• GeoIp to block/redirect non UK visitors would work upto a point - though I suspect they could get around that with a VPN...
  • for forcing, you could remove non-UK countries from the list and perhaps use MaxMind Reject Country Mismatch option - as their IP shouldn't be in the UK, hence cause a mismatch and mark the order as fraud.
  • closing accounts / redirecting is just a hook that I suspect has been posted previously.
4 hours ago, Remitur said:

NOTE: until BREXIT is closed, you can't exclude EU customers: you're required to accept customers from any EU country.

I seriously doubt the EU would or could enforce that...

4 hours ago, Remitur said:

How to do it:

neither of which would stop them making their first order in the cart...

4 hours ago, zitu4life said:

you should use a module for that. take a look for katamaze modules or marketplace too

except they all have low ratings, so between a rock & a hard place choosing one... personally, I don't think one is necessary and you'd have to employ multiple solutions to ensure, but never guarantee, customers were from the UK.

24 minutes ago, brian! said:

I seriously doubt the EU would or could enforce that...

They yet did it  (since december 2018):

https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/geo-blocking-digital-single-market

In UK, Amendment to Schedule 13 to the Enterprise Act 2002

9G.  Regulation (EU) 2018/302 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 28 February 2018 on addressing unjustified geo-blocking and other forms of discrimination based on customers’ nationality, place of residence or place of establishment within the internal market(

37 minutes ago, brian! said:

though I suspect they could get around that with a VPN...

Who cares? 😁 They can freely use a VPN to cheat but they won't be able to select any country apart from UK hence their invoices will be trash. No way for them to apply for VIES, tax exemptions/deductions.

You should take note that it explicitly says "unjustified geo-blocking", it does not say that every company must do business with other countries, which would make no sense at all.

Plenty of businesses have justified and legitimate reasons for not doing business with other countries, such as if they are physically not able to support people from other countries, especially most small business who do not have any foreign-speaking staff or the service they provide applies only in their own country.

If a business provides PC repair services for example, then they are only going to offer this to local customers who can visit the shop or who are within travel distance, they obviously won't be offering this to someone in another country.