Create Credit Card Invoice email invoice_auto_capture_available check failing

Since updating to 7.8.2, all Customer Invoices emails created using the Credit Card Invoice Created template, have the "Payment will not be taken automatically"  text, rather than telling the client that it will be process automatically as expected.

We are using the Stripe payment gateway. It appears that the $invoice_auto_capture_available  variable check is not return true for clients that have a valid credit card on their account.

I've seen another whmcs install where I am a client. 

Normally credit card payments are automatically. Now I got the text 

Payment will not be taken automatically.... 

I just logged in, pressed the button pay now and it's done as my card details were all there and correct 

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @vinc1402,

Based on the information provided here, everything look to be in order so I would expect the Stripe token to be attempted for capture automatically.

We'll need to take a closer look to identify why this isn't happening in this situation, so please do open a support ticket with access credentials so we can investigate further.

4 hours ago, WHMCS John said:

Hi @vinc1402,

Based on the information provided here, everything look to be in order so I would expect the Stripe token to be attempted for capture automatically.

We'll need to take a closer look to identify why this isn't happening in this situation, so please do open a support ticket with access credentials so we can investigate further.

Thanks @WHMCS John

I've already opened a bug report a few days ago, no feedback on this.

I will open a ticket right now.

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for contacting WHMCS support with your issue.

This issue was indeed reported in v7.8.2 and it was resolved in v7.8.3. I checked and it appears you are already in v7.8.3, so can you please check if the issue still persists for you?

We will be standing by in case you need any further assistance.

Best regards,

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I just want to note...We are using Authorize.net and just had emailed invoices go out with the notice "Payment will not be taken automatically. To pay your invoice ....".  We are checking all invoices...but, so far we have found 4. All with Credit Cards, long time customers all set to pay with Authorize.

We are on version 7.8.3

16 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

@linux4me thanks for your post, is this impacting clients who's card have already been migrated to Pay Methods?  Or is it impacting cards successfully migrated to 7.8.3 as well?

I'm not sure how to tell if their cards have already been migrated. The client who complained already paid their invoice by the time I was notified. He does have the credit card in question listed in Pay Methods on his Summary Page, and it is set as the default. I checked through a few other clients, and all have a card on file and set as the default, so I guess that means they have been migrated as well? If you can tell me how to check this, I'll do so.

A minor update.  We had 19 of these invoices process today with this messaging.

We went all the way back to the first day of the update to 7.8.3.  There are actually a ton of these (luckily, some of our customers just ignore this stuff and expect it will get paid). 

My biggest worry is that these will not process the charge when due. This just increased our workload tremendously, and during ramp up for our busy part of the season.

BUT, we have some successes. We did some research and noticed the common denominator was that the customer logs in before the invoice is generated.  (Has to be after the update was completed, and before the invoice is generated....so far, at least one day before based on the list of successes...).

We are unsure if this works after WE log in as the client, but we are testing this theory next. I hope so...as it sure will cause some issues for us to send everyone an email asking them to log in...

@WHMCS ChrisD In the Client Log for the client who complained, I don't see any "Pay Method Migration Failed," or any errors or failures. It does look like he paid the invoice manually before it was due to be paid automatically.

I searched in the Activity Log for "failed" and did not find any "Pay Method Migration Failed," but I did find two "Credit Card Payment Failed" in the month of November. Neither was the client who reported the issue with the "Payment will not be taken automatically" email. In both those cases, the clients have a valid credit card on file, have our only gateway, Stripe, selected, and "use by default" checked in their Payment Method dialog.

If I look in Billing -> Gateway Log, the first failed payment shows it was declined by the client's bank due to insufficient funds, so that one isn't WHMCS. The second, which is also not the client that complained about the email notice,  shows this error, received on 11/09/2019 with a previous, identical error, on 10/09/2019:

Invoice ID => 1644
User ID => 21
Amount => 8.95
error => The PaymentMethod pm_1FGpwr... does not belong to the Customer you supplied cus_3sA... Please use this PaymentMethod with the Customer that it belongs to instead.
detail => 
    error => 
        message => The PaymentMethod pm_1FGpwr... does not belong to the Customer you supplied cus_3sA... Please use this PaymentMethod with the Customer that it belongs to instead.
        param => payment_method
        type => invalid_request_error

I don't see any failures or errors in either the Activity Log or the Billing log for the client who complained about the email.

I should mention that I did install the Payment Gateway Issues Hotfix prior to the client receiving the email.

On 11/14/2019 at 7:43 PM, RaymondH said:

BUT, we have some successes. We did some research and noticed the common denominator was that the customer logs in before the invoice is generated.  (Has to be after the update was completed, and before the invoice is generated....so far, at least one day before based on the list of successes...).

We are unsure if this works after WE log in as the client, but we are testing this theory next. I hope so...as it sure will cause some issues for us to send everyone an email asking them to log in...

We took two accounts and logged in as that customer. the next day invoices generated properly. I have also received a reply for a ticket with an open case. The case states that if either the customer logs in, or the admin logs into the starting panel, this seems to do a tables migration.

So, I just spent hours (about 6) logging in to EVERY active account in our system. Pretty insane and very frustrating.

Lets see how those invoices go...hope they fix this soon...

• 1 month later...

Same issue as all above. Checked all items mentioned by WHMCS ChrisD.  Here is the logic we're using:

{if $invoice_auto_capture_available} Payment will be taken automatically from the {if $invoice_pay_method_type == "bankaccount"}bank account{else}credit card{/if} {$invoice_pay_method_display_name} on {$invoice_next_payment_attempt_date}. To change or pay with a different payment method, please login at {$invoice_link} and click Pay Now, then follow the instructions on screen. {else} Payment will not be taken automatically. To pay your invoice, please login at {$invoice_link} and click Pay Now, then follow the instructions on screen. {/if}

Here is the result:

Payment will not be taken automatically. To pay your invoice, please login at https://OUR-DOMAIN.com/billing/viewinvoice.php?id=792 and click Pay Now, then follow the instructions on screen.

It seems no progress on this has been made by WHMCS

Edited by Arf