WHMCS Six client area based template

Hello there 

I was thinking about why WHMCS client area templates developers based on Six never think in such idea of having and option of customized simple header and footer in their template. I truly do not understand that. Perhaps it is complicated to develop?, perhaps does not make senses have it in their template?, perhaps they think clients will never need or used it...The true is that they do not add it....I have looked at a lot of those template and some are very nice module and have tested some of them:

I will attach a print of WHMCS footer to explain ( I have removed some info due to not share some info).
image.thumb.png.055e091c49e5420e601440c13650a276.png

I template module would be more useful if such futures exists in future...my suggestion is not to create it as main module attributes, but in module control could has as option to tick to add header and footer and also a way to edit it (Add VISA and MASTER accepted, if possible private police, terms of services and ABOUT). Those guys create an amazing module, and then when you see you do not have those future you are forced to leave their modules and find FRONTEND templates that has those future, but most of those front end template has ugly customized client area...what a mess...if you want client area template, you do not have frontend, if you want frontend you do not have friendly client area...

Please developers we are END CLIENT, we do not know how to code, we do not know how to create hooks and worst JS, make END USER facility more easy, so we will keep renew you module for several years, because we not want to deal on every WHMCS with footer and header edit, adapt integration, etc...please kindly take in consideration add those future as an OPTION for who need it, do not think every client already has their personal website with everything...... provide clients OPTIONS 😉...

top header example with phone and email...😉

image.thumb.png.7846bb137729293c0a1defb901ac6e6a.png

@SwiftModders LLC  Nice Client area theme and do not find this future. This client area could be a good start point to use it as main front end to...This very skilled developer uses WHMCS for other things rather then hosting, so you are not only one, add these futures or think develop a new module front end not just related to MAINLY thinking in hosting.

@Paweł Bis (LAGOM) Nice Client area theme and do not find this future. This client area could be a good start point to use it as main front end to we you wish so.

Main Question is, What if I decide to use your client area module only? will find a gap of main futures Header and Footer, conclusion a need to jump to other module could be a option or pay more money for new development. Think about!

PS: All front-end developers think you will only be sold out domain and hosting primarily,etc,etc, so if you will not, means you have to DIG a lot of customization and knows god what more to edit on their template.
WHMCS is a powerful managing system not only for hosting or domain, so more END USER could like to have it also, and we need to think small business to not have money to keep 2 websites at time...ans support all costs, so a template could be a great choice. ( a template that allow us a facility to choice who we want to use it)... one thing that  makes me success in my business for all these years, I usually listen to every single client needs, hope you too there.

I could add more developers here, but they will be also on standby watching.

Edited by zitu4life

Even though I did a good amount of custom templates, I never released a "generalist" one that can be purchased multiple times by anyone exactly for the reason you have just described here.

In my opinion a template should have things like navbar manager (add, remove, move items from an interface), image carousel creator (upload an image, write description, define call to action, link to product, set order etc.), an interface to edit header/footer on the fly, change colors, create custom pages and so on. Long story short the same stuff you have on WordPress. This way anyone can get very good results just playing with a GUI instead of editing Smarty and hooks.

As you can imagine, this is more than just a template made of CSS, images, js, HTML. It requires an extensive addon module (PHP, MySQL, hooks). Creating such a structure takes several months to complete and it's harder to maintain. On the other hand completing a one-off template takes hours, days or weeks and you just need to make sure that it still works with the latest version of WHMCS every 6-12 months. I think that this explains why there very few (maybe none) "advanced" templates.

That's my opinion.

thanks for your reply @Kian and clarification, but what i am trying to say is not have a complicated header and footer. those templates already have header and footer, but for me it is a very simply footer...like nothing, they all just have... Copyright © 2019 Company Name. All Rights Reserved. nothing more, and I guess this info comes from six template.

they all are like this...
image.thumb.png.5745853ea96be168ca6acca20bbe1f17.png

But also there is some templates with header and footer on MARKETPLACE, and their price all on average same even if they have that future or not...Anyway, I was thinking it would be easy to be done, but now I understand requirements on the background. a service called header and footer customization's would be a must, perhaps those developers should consider create this extra service, when client buy their modules 😅

1 hour ago, zitu4life said:

thanks for your reply @Kian and clarification, but what i am trying to say is not have a complicated header and footer. those templates already have header and footer, but for me it is a very simply footer...like nothing, they all just have... Copyright © 2019 Company Name. All Rights Reserved. nothing more, and I guess this info comes from six template.

it's hardcoded in footer.tpl - I suppose there's an argument that specific content could be a language string, or editable in the general settings - but this is the way it's always been so I doubt it will ever change.