Paymethod migration failed. Client's remote non-card gateway could not be determined.

Mark_J

I haven't found this same error anywhere yet so after I opened a ticket I thought I'd post it here as well. Basically after using the auto upgrader from 7.7 to 7.8.1  I ran into two issues, one with smarty templates and the Lara theme (which were quickly resolved) and this one which I can't pin down. 

I don't use Stripe it's not even enabled, I use Quantum Gateway and every client profile page I view pops this error:  "Paymethod migration failed. Client's remote non-card gateway could not be determined. Client ID: "

If anyone saw this error when they upgraded and were able to resolve it,  I'd sure like to know how you did it!

So it turns out there is an issue with how pay methods were being migrated that is being submitted to the development team to prevent this happening in the future. For now one of the  Support Techs was able to manually provide a workaround, not perfect but it was effective.

I can confirm that upgrading to 7.8.2 did fix the issue, sort of.

So now I have:

One payment method display as "Card - XXXX" Showed up after upgrading to 7.8.2 on a client we missed with the workaround.

One payment method display is correct and what I expected "Real card type - real last 4 digits"

One payment method display as "Card - 1234" This was the workaround but didn't update to the real card type with the real last 4 digits after the 7.8.2 upgrade.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @vivithemage,

Are you finding that Pay Methods created after updating to 7.8.3 are still experiencing the problem? We made some changes to handle situations with invalid data reported by some users.

Pay Methods are created for existing clients when attempting capture on an invoice, visiting their Summary tab in the admin or when the client logs into the client area.

• 1 month later...

I'm running whmcs 7.8.3 and getting this error in logs and error_log file "Pay Method migration failed. Client's remote credit card gateway could not be determined. "

Could it be possibly the customers that have no payment method selected?

paymentmethod.png.6bc4f62074b74479515c9a5f87f417d1.png

Edited by sahostking