WHMCS as main Website first steps

zitu4life

Hello there

I have been watching some posts related having WHMCS and main Website and eventually on each separate account, I really think it makes sense....but my my specific scenario I am thing that could make more sense for now only WHMCS and on second business stage upgrade to an Word Press website. Advice or any tips are welcome.

Currently I have:

My website on my www.mydomain.com
 WHMCS  on separate cpanel  SUBDOMAIN www.client.mydomain.com

So I have my website before start using WHMCS, and it is simple website with one page that we can scroll HOME, ABOUT US, PRODUTS\SERVICES, CONTACT FORM
The point is, since my website is simple, I guess there is a option in WHMCS to create new pages and handle everything inside WHMCS and having just one central place, also I guess now there is template that can handle that, like zoomex, client host, alaska, etc, etc...

I intend to suspend my main website cpanel and change my WHMCS to www.mydomain.com and have just one central place.

I have analysed also, that I should take care during WHMCS update, to ensure I will keep WHMCS frontend alive, if it is a module, don't upgrade WHMCS until module developer deliver latest compatible version.

If were you considering my current situation what would do, create your own new pages using WHMCS docs?
Do you thing using WHMCS frontend module is security recommended?
What would you looking for when searching for possible modules market (experience of developer, security history, module been sold from MARKETEC PLACE?

Appreciate your attention!

Hi,

As I said many times, there's no need to use WordPress, Joomla, Drupal or any other CMS that comes to mind. It takes weeks to get a decent integration and keeping it functional is a never ending process with lot of cons that I'm not going to list now. On the other hand it takes few weeks more to expand WHMCS to the point that you no longer need to use any external software. It took me years and tens of integrations to realize this concept 😅 but now I'm fine since I no longer need to put so much efforts in such a silly activity.

There's no question that your page can be integrated in WHMCS and personally I wouldn't consider any other alternative. Using WHMCS in example.com rather than client.example.com makes absolutely no difference. Not to mention that getting rid of WordPress lets you to save time and money for a number of reasons. In conclusion using WordPress and WHMCS feels like using the abacus - that's my personal opinion.

Edited by Kian

Many thanks @Kian, for share your experience once again!. I will take my chances, I also agree. having things the way they are it is not centralized, having WHMCS live chat, cookie consent, etc, etc will be better, I I have to look just on one directions and also my clients too. Also, i am learning every day in this community which helping every day became more familiar with WHMCS. For my specif case, i realized having one website with a single page and a url to WHMCS does not make sentences...i will provide later my future experience but I truly believe at the moment it is the best decision

Edited by zitu4life