ganje

Whois logs of clients

Hello Everyone

I want to check the logs of client whois service in my website, can anyone help me?

@ganje Are you wanting to check the domains that have been looked up?  They are Under Utilities > Logs > WHOIS Lookup 

If you are wanting to check who made changes to the WHOIS information for a domain that would be in the Client Log

If you are trying to do something else please provide more details so we can better assist

Thanks @WHMCS ChrisD

I have looked at Utilities > Logs > WHOIS Lookup , but just I found admin whois lookups, I want to find out what domains visitors search to register.

Hi Ganje,

Any search made by a client is logged under Utilites > Logs >WHOIS Lookup Log 

What you mean by client?

Client is some one who is registered or means every one that visits website?

@ganje anyone that has visited your website, it logs all searches for a domain so if they search to buy a new domain name it will show up in that log

Ok, my problem is that  logs are not complete, I just have admin whois lookups. So how can I solve the problem?

Hi @ganje,

Which lookup provider is selected? (Setup > Products/Services > Domain Pricing)

The Whois log will show checks done via Standard Whois. If using a different lookup provider such as a registrar or the WHMCS Namespinning service, they won't be logged to the Whois log.

2 hours ago, WHMCS John said:

If using a different lookup provider such as a registrar or the WHMCS Namespinning service, they won't be logged to the Whois log.

using Namespinning, I know that available spotlight feature TLDs are logged, but not the original search term - so using NS, if I search for whmcs.com in the client area, then that initial search term isn't logged (as it's taken), but whmcs.org.uk and whmcs.io are available, spotlight TLDs and therefore logged in the log.

as you say, with standard whois, the original search term is logged twice - so you can see which was the entered term.

by using standard whois, my problem solved.

before it was configured on registrar.

thanks everyone