Transferring Domain

Craft

Hi,

My client tried to transfer his domain from Godaddy to us and his order has been approved automatically when he paid.

But I found that WHMCS didn't select the registrar I mentioned at "Domain Pricing" page to be selected automatic when any client register or transfer his domain (Check the screenshot).

It selected the registrar "None" in the order (Check the screenshot).

1. Why it didn't select the registrar automatic?

2. To solve my current situation, I selected the registrar manually, now shal I click on "Transfer" module?

Transfer 1.png

Transfer 2.jpg

3 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

Yep @craft click transfer and enter in the "EPP Code" I see the price shows . aprice override did you enter the order manually or via the client area?

@WHMCS ChrisD The client did the order via the client area and he paid for it normally.

That's why I'm asking why the system didn't transferred it automatically to the selected registrar?

2 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

@Craft Hmm OK, I asked as  I saw the Promotion Code was in use which is why I asked the way it was placed.  Can you take a look in the Utilities > Activity Log and see what shows up for Order 171 in the Activity Log please?

@WHMCS ChrisD  Yes correct, the client used the Promo code from his account (client area).

Now, I deleted the order 171 and tried to create the "transfer" again from the (client area) but the same situation happened again for the new order 172

Kindly find the attached screenshot from Activity log.

To solve the current issue, I selected the registrar manually and I run "Transfer" module (I worked fine and the transfer is now pending), also find it's attached screenshot.

But we need to solve the automatic transfer issue.

activity log 1.png

activity log 2.png

• WHMCS Technical Analyst

This clears it up.

The transfer should be automatically processed if the invoice is marked paid BEFORE the order is accepted. Once the order is accepted, the Domain status is changed to Active (as shown in the screenshot provided in the first post. So there are two options:

1. Either the invoice is paid before the order is accepted

2. Or if you are accepting the order before the invoice is being marked paid, you need to select the Registrar and check "Send to Registrar" option while accepting the order so that WHMCS can initiate the transfer as soon as the order is accepted.

Hope it helps. 

39 minutes ago, WHMCS Sachin said:

This clears it up.

The transfer should be automatically processed if the invoice is marked paid BEFORE the order is accepted. Once the order is accepted, the Domain status is changed to Active (as shown in the screenshot provided in the first post. So there are two options:

2. Or if you are accepting the order before the invoice is being marked paid, you need to select the Registrar and check "Send to Registrar" option while accepting the order so that WHMCS can initiate the transfer as soon as the order is accepted.

Hope it helps. 

@WHMCS Sachin Ok perfect.

But now I think it's bug in WHMCS :)

Do you know why?

Because I created the "Transfer" order from the client area using promo code with price ZERO. Then WHMCS system should  mark the invoice paid before accepting the order.

Ok, what if the client paid $$ using Paypal? WHMCS system will mark the invoice paid first or accept the order first?

1 hour ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

If the client uses PayPal @Craft then once the IPN returns the paid the order would be processed unless your fraud score is reached and the order is held

@WHMCS ChrisD ok perfect, that's what the system should do!

But why when the client uses promo code with value ZERO, that's not happened? (why the invoice isn't paid before the order is accepted?)

6 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

Im not sure why it wouldn't do it in that case, there is some logic that fires on the "Invoice payment confirmation" email if it can't send that then the logic wouldn't execute which is likely what happened here.

@WHMCS ChrisD Nope, in my case it already sent "Invoice payment confirmation" email

1660347896_activitylog1.thumb.png.b3a60781e389cc1932eff13db9e8f14b.jpg

On 7/2/2019 at 1:46 PM, WHMCS Sachin said:

This clears it up.

@WHMCS Sachin @WHMCS ChrisD  You are correct, I tried now to transfer another domain from Godaddy to us and I paid $$ using Paypal as a normal client.

The domain has been registered/transferred with the selected registrar automatically.

The invoice is marked paid first then the order is now pending (Check the screenshot from Activity log).

Check the 2nd screenshot of the status (Pending Order) and confirm me if this step/process is correct or something else should happen? if it's correct then after the domain is completely transferred to us, the order status should be changed to (Active) automatic or I should change it manually?

Activity log.png

Transfer domain 2.png

Yep that is the expected behavior, make sure it's showing as transferring in your register.com portal, also keep in mind Register.com does not support the Domain Sync Script so once its moved into your Register.com account and active you would need  to set it to active in WHMCS yourself and update the expiry date 🙂

1 hour ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

Yep that is the expected behavior, make sure it's showing as transferring in your register.com portal, also keep in mind Register.com does not support the Domain Sync Script so once its moved into your Register.com account and active you would need  to set it to active in WHMCS yourself and update the expiry date 🙂

@WHMCS ChrisD Yes that’s what I’m talking about. I need WHMCS to change the status to Active after the transfer is completed.

I know that Register.com doesn’t support Domain syncing and I should update the expiry date manual.

But do you mean that if it was supporting the domain syncing, it would change the status to Active automatic once the syncing script ran and update the expiry date?

11 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

@Craft yes eNom supports the Domain Sync Cron https://docs.whmcs.com/Enom so it will do Expiry Date Sync.  Easiest way to check is via https://docs.whmcs.com/Domain_Registrars if the registrar ships with WHMCS it should be on that page, click into it and you'll want to see if Domain Sync Script says Yes

@WHMCS ChrisD  eNom supports all the features and I see most of the resellers are using eNom.

But unfortunately it's domain pricing is very expensive and I don't know how all their resellers are selling the domains cheaper than eNom itself :)

5 hours ago, Craft said:

@WHMCS ChrisD  eNom supports all the features and I see most of the resellers are using eNom.

But unfortunately it's domain pricing is very expensive and I don't know how all their resellers are selling the domains cheaper than eNom itself :)

Try signing up with resell.biz and use the UK2 / Stargate module. Then look into adding these 2 modules (1 free and 1 paid):

https://www.resellerclub-mods.com/whmcs/free-resellerclub-tools-addon.php

https://www.resellerclub-mods.com/whmcs/logicboxes-registrar-module.php

On 06/07/2019 at 14:02, Craft said:

eNom supports all the features and I see most of the resellers are using eNom.

most? really ?? I suppose after they were bought by Tucows, they're probably in the top3 in terms of registrations - though whether most WHMCS users use them, I doubt that is the case.

On 06/07/2019 at 14:02, Craft said:

But unfortunately it's domain pricing is very expensive and I don't know how all their resellers are selling the domains cheaper than eNom itself 🙂

as you say, purely in terms of cost alone, unless you are doing absolute huge numbers and can get a special rate, they're probably not even worth considering.

if you got your license direct from WHMCS, they you can get a free eNom account from WHMCS - though I suspect you don't get your license direct from them, so that might not be applicable to you. 😉

in any event, bear in mind that you would just be signing up as a sub-reseller to WHMCS' reseller account with eNom.

18 hours ago, EvolveWebHosting said:

Try signing up with resell.biz and use the UK2 / Stargate module. Then look into adding these 2 modules (1 free and 1 paid)

@Craft - that is good advice from @EvolveWebHosting and you should do as he suggests - though technically you could use the NetEarthOne or resellerclub modules too as NEO and UK2 both just redirect to the resellerclub module anyway.

if we assume the eNom pricing on the WHMCS page to be accurate, then there are savings to be made using resell.biz...

• .com costs $9.98 with eNom; starting reseller price with resell.biz is $9.16 - eventually* you'll pay $8.61 with them.
  • .net costs $13.50 with eNom; starting reseller price with resell.biz is $10.53 - eventually you'll pay $10.28 with them.
  • .biz costs $16.55 with eNom; starting reseller price with resell.biz is $12.94 - eventually you'll pay $12.54 with them, but they're currently having a promotional sale and the current .biz price is $5.49 🤑
  • WHOIS ID Protection is $3.65 with eNom, but just $1.65 with resell.biz.

I could go on, but I think you get the point. 🙂

* "eventually" means when you reach a certain level of receipts, e.g after you've paid $500 (I think) in total registrations, transfers and renews (not per year, but when the total amount you've paid them is more than that figure), you'll be moved onto the slab1 level of discounted pricing.

when you look at eNom's own reseller pricing page, even if you had $100,000+ worth of annual spend on domains and thus had a "Platinum Plus" account, those prices are still more expensive than the standard resell.biz reseller prices. headshake.gif

Edited by brian!

3 hours ago, brian! said:

most? really ?? I suppose after they were bought by Tucows, they're probably in the top3 in terms of registrations - though whether most WHMCS users use them, I doubt that is the case.

as you say, purely in terms of cost alone, unless you are doing absolute huge numbers and get get a special rate, they're probably not even worth considering.

if you got your license direct from WHMCS, they you can get a free eNom account from WHMCS - though I suspect you don't get your license direct from them, so that might not be applicable to you. 😉

in any event, bear in mind that you would just be signing up as a sub-reseller to WHMCS' reseller account with eNom.

@brian! Thanks, that's what I need.

Edited by Craft