Phone number template value change

Nyamkhand

Dear guys,

I am new to whmcs and am currently customizing my whmcs interfaces.

There is one thing I want to change in add contact page is the phone number field. I don't want it to be 88123456. Can I change it?   

It is not in language files. Where can I find this and modify it?

Any solution and answer would be great.

Thanks,

BR, Nyamkhand

PS: attached SS

88123456.PNG

59 minutes ago, Nyamkhand said:

There is one thing I want to change in add contact page is the phone number field. I don't want it to be 88123456. Can I change it?   

technically, I think it's just a placeholder text generated via JavaScript.

1 hour ago, Nyamkhand said:

It is not in language files. Where can I find this and modify it?

the number layout is defined in /templates/six (or custom)/js/scripts.min.js - you could modify it, but your changes would be overwritten by a WHMCS update.

1 hour ago, Nyamkhand said:

Any solution and answer would be great.

the quick fix would be to disable that telephone feature in the admin area settings.

https://docs.whmcs.com/Phone_Numbers

zdxSbAE.png

that removes the dropdown dialling code option for each country and it's placeholder text.

I daresay a hook could be written to modify the placeholder - as WHMCS didn't write this code, it's well-documented here - but AFAIK nobody has published a hook here to modify the placeholder in this way.

On 6/28/2019 at 6:58 PM, brian! said:

technically, I think it's just a placeholder text generated via JavaScript.

the number layout is defined in /templates/six (or custom)/js/scripts.min.js - you could modify it, but your changes would be overwritten by a WHMCS update.

the quick fix would be to disable that telephone feature in the admin area settings.

https://docs.whmcs.com/Phone_Numbers

zdxSbAE.png

that removes the dropdown dialling code option for each country and it's placeholder text.

I daresay a hook could be written to modify the placeholder - as WHMCS didn't write this code, it's well-documented here - but AFAIK nobody has published a hook here to modify the placeholder in this way.

Hi Brian,

I disabled the phone number, and it disappeared,

I think this is good for now.

Thank you very much.

BR, Nyamkhand