cPanel Application Links and Critical Error

Using WHMCS 7.7.1 and cPanel v80.0.18 and I'm getting the following error when clicking any of the application links from within cPanel. The username is filled in on the admin side and Single Sign On is turned on within the clients account.

Critical Error

Instance-Of Container cannot be redefined

We do use an add on from SupportPal but I don't think that's the issue here since none of the links back to billing, placing orders, etc work either. Has anyone else run into this issue? I saw one community post about it with no reply.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @EvolveWebHosting,

We've seen this error caused by various after-market customisations several times, and once by changing the server hostname (on the server) after activating Application Links.

May I suggest disabling Application Links, and then trying to re-activate it. Keep an eye on the log for any errors.

If it re-enables successfully without error, and the problem persists, then the next step would be to remove after-market customisations one-by-one until the problem stops.

Hi @WHMCS John,

Thanks for the quick response. I've disabled the links and then re activated them which hasn't fixed them. Unfortunately, nothing in the logs.

The only customization I had that I thought might cause this is the SupportPal add on but it's only for support and knowledgebase. All links are showing this error (billing, order, etc).

I may need to open a support ticket with you guys and let you investigate.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @EvolveWebHosting,

Before contacting technical support, please try removing all customisations present on your installation as these can often change the way WHMCS operates.
These are typically located in the /includes/hooks and /modules/ directories.

If this resolves the issue, you can add them back one-by-one until the problem begins again - at which point you have identified the troublesome customisation and can contact the vendor directly for assistance resolving the problem in their code.

If the problem persists with all addons removed, then please do open a support ticket and we can investigate further.

• 6 months later...
On 1/12/2020 at 4:19 PM, EvolveWebHosting said:

It hasn't been. I have learned that even when you de activate an addon, it's likely still executing the hook(s).

Generally if you re-name a module it will disable it until re-named back e.g change:

/modules/addons/custommodule/

to:

/modules/addons/custommodule1/

That should disable it until you re-name it back.

• 2 weeks later...

I found the cause of our issue... The EURid module by ModulesGarden.

Even though I told them I was able to replicate this on multiple installations, they thought it must've been caused by another hook file. I even sent them a video of my disabling one line in their hooks.php file which solved the issue we had been having but it just wasn't enough lol. They kept requesting access to WHMCS and FTP and still couldn't reproduce the error... because they didn't read any of what I had written or showed in the video.

In my first message to them I wrote that the error appeared after clicking the Application Links from cPanel to WHMCS. Even after showing it to them, I just got this reply:

The problem does not occur when I navigate the Client Area page (https://domain.com/client/clientarea.php?action=details) for the following customer. https://domain.com/client/admin/clientssummary.php?userid=3285

It required one more message from me before they understood what the issue was. It has taken half of the day.
I was promised an update on the issue tomorrow at the latest... but I don't think I'll hear about this before next week, knowing how they manage to keep their deadlines lol.

• 2 months later...

This took a long time before I had a chance to thoroughly test this again. I finally had the chance to do so this evening.

Our issue was traced down to the cWatch Module which is made by ModulesGarden for Comodo. I just wanted to let anyone else know who might be using this module too. I will be reaching out to Comodo Monday to let them know.

The hard part was that I had their addon disabled but WHMCS was still trying to load the hook file for them (in includes/hooks/) so once I deactivated the module AND moved that hook file outside of the hook folder, Application Links consistently worked. I was finally able to repeat this over and over again so I am hoping it helps them figure this out quickly. Application Links is a feature I've been wanting to enable for over a year and couldn't.

Happy Easter everyone.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...