New cron error

Out of the blue started getting this error emailed every 5 mins...any suggestions how to fix?

Can't locate ea_php_cli.pm in @INC (you may need to install the ea_php_cli module) (@INC contains: /var/cpanel/ea4 /usr/local/cpanel /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/528/lib/perl5/cpanel_lib/x86_64-linux-64int /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/528/lib/perl5/cpanel_lib /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/528/lib/perl5/5.28.0/x86_64-linux-64int /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/528/lib/perl5/5.28.0 /opt/cpanel/perl5/528/site_lib/x86_64-linux-64int /opt/cpanel/perl5/528/site_lib) at /usr/local/bin/php line 17.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/php line 17.

Edited by Matt D

Per the error message, you need to ensure "ea_php_cli" module is installed / enabled / allowed in the PHP version you're using for cron.   Most likely easyapache was ran and this module was not included.  So you will want to start with confirming that that the module is installed for the php version that is used by cron.  If you're using just "php" with out a path to the actual php file, then you note that it could be different from what you're using on the site. 

12 minutes ago, steven99 said:

If you're using just "php" with out a path to the actual php file, then you note that it could be different from what you're using on the site

In that case it would likely default to the server wide choice for PHP. EA4 allows for sites to use something other than the default, but if not specified it falls back to that. 

Hey - 

I created an account on here just to hopefully help you out with this problem! I was running into this too and found the solution:

Within Cpanel, there's a 'General Example' showing a PHP interpreter path of '/usr/local/bin/php', which is what I had been using. Yesterday I noticed (with GoDaddy's help) that there's a domain-specific path of '/usr/local/bin/ea-php56' listed near the top of the page for where you add your cron jobs. You just need to replace 56 with your PHP version. In my case, I'm using PHP 7.0, so I would replace 56 with 70. The command for my cron job would like like this:

/usr/local/bin/ea-php70 /path/to/php/script.php

I hope this helps!

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

The error message provided is a Perl error message - not PHP - and indicates an issue with the Perl build on your cPanel server. I'd recommend reaching out to your system administrator or cPanel support to investigate and correct it to resolve this.

Thank you for all the feedback, when I first set everything up last year I was using the path: /usr/local/bin/php -q /home/username/crons/cron.php   for both the godaddy cron settings and the WHMCS automation settings and everything was working fine...

Since the error started happening I've noticed that within the WHMCS automation settings the cron path has changed to */5 * * * * /usr/bin/php-cli -q /home/username/crons/cron.php and whenever I switch it back it wont save and keeps coming back to this....so I tried switching the the original godaddy path to this new one but I am still getting the error so I switch it back....about to contact Go Daddy.  😞

ugh.... WHMCS is saying its a PERL issue and to contact GoDaddy.....

GoDaddy is saying it's a script issue (cron.php file) and that it needs to be edited to run the ea_php_cli module....

either way I'm still stuck, why did the WHMCS cron path within the automation settings change all of a sudden?  Why can't I change it back? 😞

1 hour ago, steven99 said:

Check the custom cron directory settings.  Also, did you try the path to php mentioned earlier:  /usr/local/bin/ea-php70  ?

I tried /usr/local/bin/ea-php72 /home/username/crons/cron.php

But all it did was change the error being emailed to me to:

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/jailshell: /usr/local/bin/ea-php72: No such file or directory

10 hours ago, WHMCS Lawrence said:

The error message provided is a Perl error message - not PHP - and indicates an issue with the Perl build on your cPanel server. I'd recommend reaching out to your system administrator or cPanel support to investigate and correct it to resolve this.

Hi Lawrence, I was told the same thing from William in a support ticket so I contacted GoDaddy support but they say I need to contact a developer as the problem is with the script.  That it needs to be edited to run the module.  *heavy sigh* 

5 hours ago, Matt D said:

[...] but shouldn't it match the path listed in WHMCS automation settings?

I wouldn't go with the path there for php as not sure how it is being detected.  For example, on my installs it just gives "php -q....." without a path to php but that would be the server default php which isn't the same version as what WHMCS is using. 

Checkout https://www.godaddy.com/community/cPanel-Hosting/cron-jobs-stopped-working/td-p/134978 which has a couple people reporting the same issue just a few days ago and they were able to resolve it.  Perhaps you can get a rep to look in to the fix they had there. 

Also, try the following for the php path: /usr/bin/ea-php70  or  /usr/bin/ea-php72  .  That is per cpanel's EA4 doc on this module which may or may not work for godaddy's setup. 

Thank you for all of the feedback guys.....Still having the error but today Go Daddy finally took ownership of the problem and say they have their hosting team working on it, hope it is quick as I am loosing customers because invoices are not being generated or emailed.  I have read other people from the GoDaddy Community Page being able to fix the issue by adjusting the cron task path however this did not fix the problem for me, only change to a different error....I must be doing something wrong.