Update failure!

Hello! 

I am trying to update WHMCS from 7.6.1 to 7.7.1. But I am continuously facing a fatal error, it says,

'A fatal error occurred while fetching the update.
Please check to make sure your memory limits and execution time are set to the recommended values.'

I have a memory limit set to 256M and max execution time set to 600. I have tried multiple times but didn't help.

Can anyone help what thing I might be ignoring? Any suggestion will be a great help.

thank you.

3 hours ago, IamAQ said:

Can anyone help what thing I might be ignoring? Any suggestion will be a great help.

I take it that you get your license from a reseller and therefore don't have access to download.whmcs.com ? if you do have access, then i'd recommend getting the v7.7.1 full version .zip and using that to complete the update.

when this occurred in February, did you just give up trying to update ?

even if you get your license from elsewhere, you can still receive support from WHMCS.

5 hours ago, brian! said:

I take it that you get your license from a reseller and therefore don't have access to download.whmcs.com ? if you do have access, then i'd recommend getting the v7.7.1 full version .zip and using that to complete the update.

yes, we get it from a reseller. Can you please guide how can I complete the update from .zip files of version 7.7.1

Thank you all for all your support.
I have just uploaded the updated files, and now my website is having a 'Down for Maintenance' message.
What I do now? I think it is because my database is still having a record for the previous version.? but not sure!

How do I resolve this? 😞

2 minutes ago, IamAQ said:

How do I resolve this?

first step is to work through the help page below...

https://www.whmcs.com/members/index.php/knowledgebase/186/Iandsharp039m-seeing-a-Down-for-Maintenance-error-when-accessing-my-WHMCS-admin-area.html

Whilst the WHMCS software is being updated, a "Down for Maintenance" message is displayed This prevents any changes being made to the data whilst the upgrade is in progress.

The software detects whether an upgrade is in progress by comparing the version of the PHP files against the version number stored in the database. If the two do not match, the maintenance message is displayed.

Should this message appear at any other time, it suggests that the PHP file version does not match the database version. To resolve this:

• Open the init.php and cart.php files using your preferred text editor
  • At the top of the file the version number is displayed
  • Then using a tool such as phpmyadmin, browse the WHMCS MySQL database and select the tblconfiguration table
  • Look for the Version and note down the value

If the PHP files are from a newer version of WHMCS than the database, upload the /install directory and run the upgrade process.

If the database is from a newer version of WHMCS than the PHP files, upload the full release version files from the corresponding version. The files can be downloaded from http://download.whmcs.com

Once the appropriate remedial steps have been taken to match the file and database versions, WHMCS will load as normal.

8 minutes ago, brian! said:

If the PHP files are from a newer version of WHMCS than the database, upload the /install directory and run the upgrade process.

may you please elaborate this step? how can I run the upgrade process? 

4 minutes ago, IamAQ said:

may you please elaborate this step? how can I run the upgrade process? 

run the installer, e.g https://www.domain.com/whmcs/install/install.php and you'll begin the upgrade process (basically it will be updating the database to v7.7.1 settings)...

hh2YM3n.png

that screenshot is from your actual site, so the installer is already there... 🙂

just work your way through the steps (including taking backups!) and once complete, you will be asked to delete the install directory and everything should be updated...