OOPs error on Domain button

graisbeck

Hi,

I've updated to 7.7 and I now get an Oops error when pressing the Domains button. I've deleted cache etc and also get the same error page when trying 'Six'.

This is the error when 'Display errors' is checked -

Error: Call to a member function getButtonClass() on string in /home/gladston/templates_c/1e175e746405df65891a13e614b50178bf95e219_0.file.domainregister.tpl.php:72
Stack trace:
#0 /home/gladston/public_html/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_resource_base.php(123): content_5c6fa4c27cd573_80366332(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))
#1 /home/gladston/public_html/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_compiled.php(114): Smarty_Template_Resource_Base->getRenderedTemplateCode(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))
#2 /home/gladston/public_html/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(216): Smarty_Template_Compiled->render(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))
#3 /home/gladston/public_html/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(232): Smarty_Internal_Template->render(false, 0)
#4 /home/gladston/public_html/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(116): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->_execute(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template), NULL, NULL, NULL, 0)
#5 /home/gladston/public_html/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Smarty.php(0): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('/home/gladston/...', NULL, NULL, NULL, false, true, false)
#6 /home/gladston/public_html/includes/clientareafunctions.php(0): WHMCS\Smarty->fetch('/home/gladston/...')
#7 /home/gladston/public_html/cart.php(0): outputClientArea('domainregister', false, Array)
#8 {main}

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

4 hours ago, graisbeck said:

I've updated to 7.7 and I now get an Oops error when pressing the Domains button. I've deleted cache etc and also get the same error page when trying 'Six'.

Modern still works on your site, but that's not going to help you much. 🙂

how did you update, and which version did you upgrade from ? and did you update to v7.7 or v7.7.1 ??

10 minutes ago, brian! said:

Modern still works on your site, but that's not going to help you much. 🙂

how did you update, and which version did you upgrade from ? and did you update to v7.7 or v7.7.1 ??

I updated from 7.6.? to 7.7.1 via the update link within my WHMCS admin.

11 minutes ago, brian! said:

are you able to get the full download zip from downloads.whmcs.com and upload it's content via ftp (you shouldn't need to upload the install folder) ?

My WHMCS licence is through my hosting reseller, so I don't have a login to access the downloads.

So I managed to do a full overwrite via FTP and I still get an error which is slightly different to my earlier post (I deleted everything in templates_c) -

Error: Call to a member function getButtonClass() on string in /home/gladston/templates_c/1e175e746405df65891a13e614b50178bf95e219_0.file.domainregister.tpl.php:72
 Stack trace:
 #0 /home/gladston/public_html/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_resource_base.php(123): content_5c70419ac03128_96123695(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))
 #1 /home/gladston/public_html/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_compiled.php(114): Smarty_Template_Resource_Base->getRenderedTemplateCode(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))
 #2 /home/gladston/public_html/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(216): Smarty_Template_Compiled->render(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))
 #3 /home/gladston/public_html/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(232): Smarty_Internal_Template->render(false, 0)
 #4 /home/gladston/public_html/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(116): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->_execute(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template), NULL, NULL, NULL, 0)
 #5 /home/gladston/public_html/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Smarty.php(0): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('/home/gladston/...', NULL, NULL, NULL, false, true, false)
 #6 /home/gladston/public_html/includes/clientareafunctions.php(0): WHMCS\Smarty->fetch('/home/gladston/...')
 #7 /home/gladston/public_html/cart.php(0): outputClientArea('domainregister', false, Array)
 #8 {main}

28 minutes ago, brian! said:

following on from what Jack said in the post below, have you tried disabling your Tawk chat script and see if that makes any difference ?

it's likely something that was already there before the upgrade, is now incompatible...

Hi @brian!,

Yes, I've deactivated the Tawke addon, deleted cache, deleted template_c files, yet, I'm still getting the error. This is getting to be really worrying. I'm only a small business trying to expand, so every client counts. And now, I'm desperate!! so, I'm thinking if I should make a full restore from a backup before I did the update. But, will the restore alter client invoices and payment history etc?

Thanks for your help with this.

15 hours ago, graisbeck said:

And now, I'm desperate!!

desperation is not a good place to reach with WHMCS - though it is sadly a frequent destination. 🙂

16 hours ago, graisbeck said:

so, I'm thinking if I should make a full restore from a backup before I did the update. But, will the restore alter client invoices and payment history etc?

i've seen other threads where people have thought, "oh i'll just go back to v7.6 and things will be alright", but having done so, the situation isn't resolved - so I don't think that restoring the database is a good idea, not least for the reason steven99 gives.

did I read on another thread that you've now opened a ticket with WHMCS support? if so, leave it to them to resolve... by all means, try trivial things to fix this yourself in the meantime, but do nothing that you will later regret.

as a short term patch, I might be tempted to switch your default orderform template to Modern in order to allow domain registrations/transfer orders to be created without issue.

19 hours ago, graisbeck said:

So I managed to do a full overwrite via FTP and I still get an error which is slightly different to my earlier post (I deleted everything in templates_c)

i have the same issues before from 761 to 771 for temporary open /orderforms/xxxx/domainregister.tpl

find this  and remove

{if $captcha.......
{/if}

but i hope you for commercial  use create new using standard_cart in orderforms download from source

1 hour ago, brian! said:

did I read on another thread that you've now opened a ticket with WHMCS support? if so, leave it to them to resolve... by all means, try trivial things to fix this yourself in the meantime, but do nothing that you will later regret.

@brian! Yes, I did raise a ticket with WHMCS support. They got back to me this morning, this is what they suggested -

To resolve this, please upload a fresh copy of the Standard Cart order form template to your install. To resolve this, please upload a fresh copy of the Standard Cart order form template to your install.

So I uploaded the full order form directory via FTP and I still have the same issue. I am now waiting for WHMCS support to reply again.

as a short term patch, I might be tempted to switch your default orderform template to Modern in order to allow domain registrations/transfer orders to be created without issue.

Yes, I've already changed my order form template to Modern.