Mike4286

Error after upgrading to latest version

I just recently noticed this error come up after upgrading to latest version ( Version: 7.6.1 ) and a customer also notified me the same error when trying to signup.

Searched everywhere and cannot find a solution.

Any help?

Oops!
Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request.

Please go back to the previous page and try again.

If the problem persists, please contact us.

« Back to Homepage

For additional assistance, please reference the WHMCS TroubleShooting Guide »

exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'marketingemailsoptin' in 'field list'' in /home/mydomain/public_html/whmcs/vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php:462
Stack trace:
#0 /home/mydomain/public_html/whmcs/vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php(462): PDO->prepare('update `tblclie...')
#1 /home/mydomain/public_html/whmcs/vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php(706): Illuminate\Database\Connection->Illuminate\Database\{closure}(Object(Illuminate\Database\MySqlConnection), 'update `tblclie...', Array)
#2 /home/mydomain/public_html/whmcs/vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php(669): Illuminate\Database\Connection->runQueryCallback('update `tblclie...', Array, Object(Closure))
#3 /home/mydomain/public_html/whmcs/vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php(467): Illuminate\Database\Connection->run('update `tblclie...', Array, Object(Closure))
#4 /home/mydomain/public_html/whmcs/vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php(410): Illuminate\Database\Connection->affectingStatement('update `tblclie...', Array)
#5 /home/mydomain/public_html/whmcs/vendor/illuminate/database/Query/Builder.php(2072): Illuminate\Database\Connection->update('update `tblclie...', Array)
#6 /home/mydomain/public_html/whmcs/vendor/illuminate/database/Eloquent/Builder.php(531): Illuminate\Database\Query\Builder->update(Array)
#7 /home/mydomain/public_html/whmcs/vendor/illuminate/database/Eloquent/Model.php(1551): Illuminate\Database\Eloquent\Builder->update(Array)
#8 /home/mydomain/public_html/whmcs/vendor/illuminate/database/Eloquent/Model.php(1470): Illuminate\Database\Eloquent\Model->performUpdate(Object(Illuminate\Database\Eloquent\Builder), Array)
#9 /home/mydomain/public_html/whmcs/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/User/Client.php(0): Illuminate\Database\Eloquent\Model->save()
#10 /home/mydomain/public_html/whmcs/admin/clientsprofile.php(0): WHMCS\User\Client->marketingEmailOptOut()
#11 {main}
Next exception 'Illuminate\Database\QueryException' with message 'SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'marketingemailsoptin' in 'field list' (SQL: update `tblclients` set `emailoptout` = 1, `updated_at` = 2018-09-27 10:22:45, `marketingemailsoptin` = 0 where `id` = 998)' in /home/mydomain/public_html/whmcs/vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php:713
Stack trace:
#0 /home/mydomain/public_html/whmcs/vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php(669): Illuminate\Database\Connection->runQueryCallback('update `tblclie...', Array, Object(Closure))
#1 /home/mydomain/public_html/whmcs/vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php(467): Illuminate\Database\Connection->run('update `tblclie...', Array, Object(Closure))
#2 /home/mydomain/public_html/whmcs/vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php(410): Illuminate\Database\Connection->affectingStatement('update `tblclie...', Array)
#3 /home/mydomain/public_html/whmcs/vendor/illuminate/database/Query/Builder.php(2072): Illuminate\Database\Connection->update('update `tblclie...', Array)
#4 /home/mydomain/public_html/whmcs/vendor/illuminate/database/Eloquent/Builder.php(531): Illuminate\Database\Query\Builder->update(Array)
#5 /home/mydomain/public_html/whmcs/vendor/illuminate/database/Eloquent/Model.php(1551): Illuminate\Database\Eloquent\Builder->update(Array)
#6 /home/mydomain/public_html/whmcs/vendor/illuminate/database/Eloquent/Model.php(1470): Illuminate\Database\Eloquent\Model->performUpdate(Object(Illuminate\Database\Eloquent\Builder), Array)
#7 /home/mydomain/public_html/whmcs/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/User/Client.php(0): Illuminate\Database\Eloquent\Model->save()
#8 /home/mydomain/public_html/whmcs/admin/clientsprofile.php(0): WHMCS\User\Client->marketingEmailOptOut()
#9 {main}

as per the thread below, when you check the tblclients database table, does the column exist ? I assume not.

@Mike4286 the column would be marketing_emails_opt_in. Do you currently see this in your tblclients?

Edited by WHMCS John
Corrected column name. Fixed grammar

7 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

@Mike4286 the column would be marketingemailsoptin do you currently see this in your tblclients

are you 100% sure of that Chris?

my v7.6.1 dev (clean install of v7.6, with duplicated v7.5 database and manual update to v7.6.1) shows it as 'marketing_emails_opt_in' - it shows it as that in the v7.5 dev database too.

idEq4VB.png

out of curiosity, i've just done an absolutely clean install of v7.6.1 with a new empty database and i'm still seeing the same column name...

U7Eh9gr.png

Can anyone confirm if the name is marketing_emails_opt_in  or  marketingemailsoptin ?

On 01/10/2018 at 11:20, Mike4286 said:

Can anyone confirm if the name is marketing_emails_opt_in  or  marketingemailsoptin ?

i'd have hoped someone from Support would have confirmed it either way by now. 🙄

if it helps, in that thread I gave you previously, the OP followed my advice and it's now working for him!

• Thanks 1

Hi @Mike4286,

The table name is indeed marketing_emails_opt_in. I've edited Chris' post accordingly.

I invite you to open a support ticket so that we can review your database and advise of any missing tables and fields.