An automatic renewal attempt was triggered for this service but failed. The renewal will not be attempted again automatically. Please resolve the error and try again.

I am now also getting TONS of these alerts after update

An automatic renewal attempt was triggered for this service but failed. The renewal will not be attempted again automatically. Please resolve the error and try again.

Client ID: 85
Service ID: 3681
Product/Service: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Domain: xxxxxxxx
Error: Module Not Found

These are mostly occurring on 1 or 2  products that we have. There is NO module associated with this product. What is going on?

I notice now on all these products that I get a spinning wheel when you go the Module settings tab of the product. Spins and spins

modset.PNG

Hi Battles,

May be renew function is missing in your module that's why you are getting this error.

For spinning issue, Please make sure have you assigned the module with that product. If yes, then enable the debug mode with your WHMCS.

Follow these steps: 

Setup > General Settings > Others tab, enable  Display Errors, SQL Errors, etc and then open the browser developer debugger tool. Select that assigned module and see the error.

Right click > Inspect Element > Network tab.

Thanks
Thanks

I am experiencing this same issue.  8-1 was the renewal date for all our remaining DSL/Dialup customers (yes, they still exist) and of course, there is no module for that... it has to be hand controlled.  So there has never been an associated module, it's set to NONE.

But at midnight, when it billed the customers (and did so successfully), it sent me 100's of emails stating the "Error:  Module Not Found", just like you mentioned above.  And I was going to start a threat about it when I found this post.

Any Ideas?

Good morning,

We have the same problem after upgrading to 7.6.0, multiple emails per day. We have lots of products and orders on WHMCS and it would take too much time to go and change all these due to the update.

Is there a way to turn off these notifications?

Thanks,

Marcus' suggestion is the answer... I changed the Module from "NONE" to "AUTO RELEASE" and the emails stopped.  While Auto Release does give you a bunch of options to email you for different reasons, you can just leave them off and not get any emails.

But, you WILL want to change all products to "Auto Release" if it isn't associated with any other module.  None shouldn't be used.

3 hours ago, bcurtis said:

If the "Auto Release" module is the recommended option, why even have "None" as an option? 

I suspect because the dropdown uses an onchange and so changing the dropdown value triggers the selected module configuration settings to be shown.

1 minute ago, brian! said:

I suspect because the dropdown uses an onchange and so changing the dropdown value triggers the selected module configuration settings to be shown.

Valid point, but this option could have just as easily been labeled "Select one" or something other than "None" to avoid confusion.  Logic could have also been used to either warn or error out when the "None" option is selected, if it wasn't intended to be used as a valid option.

I guess it's just my OCD combined with confusion as to why we can't have a billable item without an automation task attached.  Fortunately we only had a handful of items that required changes.

*shrug*

18 hours ago, bcurtis said:

Valid point, but this option could have just as easily been labelled "Select one" or something other than "None" to avoid confusion.  Logic could have also been used to either warn or error out when the "None" option is selected, if it wasn't intended to be used as a valid option.

it probably never crossed their mind to change it as it's always been "none" (or language equivalent) from back when none was an acceptable answer... though it's not a crazy suggestion you make.