cron.php is corrupted

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @madbutcher,

The easiest way to resolve this is to update your cron job command to specify the path to the php binary used by the rest of your website, eg:

/opt/cpanel/ea-php71/root/usr/bin/php -q /path/to/whmcs/crons/cron.php

The above assumes you're using cPanel EasyApache4 and PHP 7.1. Replace with the actual paths on your system.

A more involved solution would be to ensure that your desired PHP version and configuration is the system default, that way it will apply to crons/command line by default.

Had the same issue but was easily solved by going to WHM >> Home >> Software >> MultiPHP Manager and Set the system default PHP version to 7.1 then ensuring that the Domain PHP Version was also set to the same 7.1 version.

This solved all errors.

On 4/5/2018 at 8:53 AM, psduk1 said:

Had the same issue but was easily solved by going to WHM >> Home >> Software >> MultiPHP Manager and Set the system default PHP version to 7.1 then ensuring that the Domain PHP Version was also set to the same 7.1 version.

This solved all errors.

That worked for me. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Your solution applies to cPanel installations.

If one is not using a cPanel and is using something like CentOS 6 or 7, it would be wise to do the following

# mkdir -p /usr/local/ioncube

# cd /usr/local/ioncube

# wget http://downloads3.ioncube.com/loader_downloads/ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.tar.gz

# tar -xzf ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.tar.gz

# mv ioncube/* .

# rm -rf ioncube

# php -v

With the output from php -v you will see your php version  I.E. 

PHP 5.6.35 (cli) (built: Mar 29 2018 07:37:47)

# vim /etc/php.ini

do a search for zend

Change the line to look like this:
zend_extension = /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.6.so

The above line is for php 56. Make sure the line has the same version number as your php version.

Save the file and then restart apache

# service httpd restrart

Hi Bear,

Yes I am sure because when you run tar xzf ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.tar.gz It will create a ioncube directory.  In other words the directory structure will be as follows: /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube

Sure you can leave it that way, but I prefer it just as /usr/local/ioncube with all files there.