Domain Checker with captcha

Hi,

I'm not sure if it's just me, but with captcha enable and when I try to search a domain name no result displayed. Using Firefox developer tool -> network I see error 500.

When captcha is disabled from Setup->General Settings->Security everything works as per normal. Tested on my custom template and default Six template, same results.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @cyben76,

A 500 Internal Server Error is a generic error message produced by the server due to a misconfiguration. There are potentially a wider number of causes for such a problem, here is a brief overview of them and potential fixes:

File Permissions are incorrectly set.  Should be (depending on server but general rule of thumb) 644 for files and 755 for folders/directories.

• An error in one of the PHP Files - Try enabling the display errors options described at http://docs.whmcs.com/Blank_Pages
  • PHP Memory & Process limitations - Try increasing to 128MB
  • PHP Process Limitations - Check with server admin/hosting provider
  • Corrupt PHP Modules, Extensions, Builds - Check with server admin/hosting provider
  • The obscure - If points 1-5 don't produce a fix typically the best course of action is to check the Apache Error Logs

Hi @WHMCS John

I've checked the Apache Error Log, output:

[WHMCS Application] ERROR: Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: Cannot redeclare _recaptcha_qsencode() in :0 Stack trace: #0 /home/webhsg/public_html/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Utility/Error/Run.php(0): WHMCS\Utility\Error\Run->handleError(1, 'Cannot redeclar...', '', 0) #1 [internal function]: WHMCS\Utility\Error\Run->handleShutdown() #2 {main} {"exception":"[object] (Whoops\\Exception\\ErrorException(code: 1): Cannot redeclare _recaptcha_qsencode() at :0)"} []

9 hours ago, cyben76 said:

Tested on my custom template and default Six template, same results.

did you try Six with Standard_cart ? I know you use both custom theme and custom orderform template, so you'd really need to try both Six & SC together to rule out a template issue.

42 minutes ago, brian! said:

did you try Six with Standard_cart ? I know you use both custom theme and custom orderform template, so you'd really need to try both Six & SC together to rule out a template issue.

OMG yah I forgot about the orderform... Thanks Brian! Yup Six with standard_cart works fine, I guess it's something to do with my custom orderform...

• 1 month later...

I get this same error now... I did make a custom template based on the Six template...   To explain further try to search for a domain and the error happens. recaptcha is working but after you click search you get the error listed...

I only changed colors and links. So what in my template would cause this? It worked before the update. You can check it out if you want...  My Site

Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: Cannot redeclare _recaptcha_qsencode() in :0
Stack trace:
#0 /home/ninjat10/public_html/ninjaportal/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Utility/Error/Run.php(0): WHMCS\Utility\Error\Run->handleError(1, 'Cannot redeclar...', '', 0)
#1 [internal function]: WHMCS\Utility\Error\Run->handleShutdown()
#2 {main}

I get this same error now... I did make a custom template based on the Six template...   To explain further try to search for a domain and the error happens. recaptcha is working but after you click search you get the error listed...

I only changed colors and links. So what in my template would cause this? It worked before the update. You can check it out if you want...  My Site

Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: Cannot redeclare _recaptcha_qsencode() in :0
Stack trace:
#0 /home/ninjat10/public_html/ninjaportal/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Utility/Error/Run.php(0): WHMCS\Utility\Error\Run->handleError(1, 'Cannot redeclar...', '', 0)
#1 [internal function]: WHMCS\Utility\Error\Run->handleShutdown()
#2 {main}

Nevermind I fixed it....    Stupid browser cache.... 

Thanks guys, just updated to the latest version of Whmcs as was having the same issue. Tried a few things and then found this thread. Even though it worked fine on 7.4, changing the template back to Six from a custom Six fixed the issue.

• 4 weeks later...

We had this issue as well. I *think* resolving this on our end was a combination of:

- Clearing compiled template cache in templates_c folder

- Cleraing browser cache

However, I had also updated all templates with changes from github somewhere in the mix, so it's possible that played a part. It doesn't look like the captcha.tpl file had changed between releases, so if it's not the above two things that did it, then it must have been updating to most recent javascript... it'd be the only thing that makes any sense!