I had to delete my database. Can I restore stripe tokens?

neaweb6

Hello,

I found myself in quite a mess a few days back which resulted in a complete reinstall of my WHMCS, including setting up a new database. I did the tedious work of importing invoices, logs, and tickets from an sql dump of my old database, as I couldn't import the entire sql file due to some serious errors. I used Stripe as my payment gateway. Is there a way to get my client's stripe tokens back into WHMCS so that they don't have to re-enter their credit card info for their next invoice to process? 

Sidebar question: If I enable the option to disable credit card storage, will clients have to re-enter their credit card information everytime they want to pay?

Edited by neaweb6

Hello @neaweb6

If you have Stripe Tokens in your database, these can be moved across from the tblclients table these are in the Gatewayid  column

8 hours ago, neaweb6 said:

Sidebar question: If I enable the option to disable credit card storage, will clients have to re-enter their credit card information everytime they want to pay?

No, the disabled credit card storage has no impact on the stripe tokenized module

3 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

Hello @neaweb6

If you have Stripe Tokens in your database, these can be moved across from the tblclients table these are in the Gatewayid  column

No, the disabled credit card storage has no impact on the stripe tokenized module

Thank you for the information! I copied the token over to the new database. Now, when I click on "Credit Card Information" for a client, no card information is shown, but it does display the token at the top under "Remote Gateway Token". It starts with "cus_". Will I be able to process payments with just the token showing up?