Customers can not be selected during ticket opening

Note: Hello, I do not know if I can open a topic with a ticket for the same subject still open. However, I open this topic because it has been more than 28 hours since the ticket was opened and the problem still persists.
The moderators of the community can correct me if this disrespects the rules.

Hello all, recently I migrated our WHMCS from a cPanel panel to a Linux Ubuntu 16.04 (LXC) server. We fulfilled all the prerequisites and we were able to install the whmcs perfectly. The performance got much better.
I checked the prerequisites and everything is correct at first.

However, we are now experiencing a problem in which customers can not be selected during ticket opening. I made this print to demonstrate more accurately: http://prntscr.com/ir8n12

Anyone who has ever had this problem can help me?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

4 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

@Vinicius

Are you getting any errors in your browsers console window?  Are you using a custom version of Blend?  What is the ticket ID for the case you have opened?

Hi ChrisD, thank you for your response.
I'll answer each question per line, okay?

1- Thanks to your question, I detected the following error in the browser console:

"Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)                        /admin/search/client"

Print: http://prntscr.com/irw29r.

2- I installed the admin theme of "swiftmodders.com" that we acquired through marketplace.whmcs.com. I opened a ticket with them, however they told me the problem is in whmcs.

3. The ticket ID is #TML-196961.

18 minutes ago, brian! said:

there was a similar thread about another client dropdown not working... I wonder if your issue is caused by a Friendly URLs setting too?

Hi Brian, thanks for your response.
Really the problem seems to be the same as this post you recommended, because as soon as I changed the settings from "Friendly URLs" to "BASIC URLS", the problem disappeared.

So does that mean I can not use "Full Friendly Rewrite" anymore?

Thank you!

Best Regards :)

8 hours ago, Vinicius said:

So does that mean I can not use "Full Friendly Rewrite" anymore?

at least for the time being.

it might be worth opening a ticket with support, explaining the problem and that you think Friendly URLs are the cause.... and expanding on your specific environment because it's not a problem that every user has, only specific ones and it would be helpful for WHMCS to determine common factors as to why this isn't working for you.

at best, this may get added to v7.5 (but nothing in changelog yet)... but to be honest, you're probably better off sticking with Basic URLs until this gets resolved.... it's a relatively new feature, and sadly from experience, will probably remain bugged for a few more releases yet.

On 16/03/2018 at 9:36 PM, brian! said:

pelo menos por enquanto.

pode valer a pena abrir um bilhete com suporte, explicando o problema e que você acha que os URLs amigáveis são a causa ... e expandindo seu ambiente específico porque não é um problema que cada usuário possui, apenas específicos e que seria útil Para WHMCS para determinar fatores comuns sobre por que isso não está funcionando para você.

na melhor das hipóteses, isso pode ser adicionado à v7.5 (mas nada no changelog ainda) ... mas, para ser sincero, você provavelmente será melhor ficar com URLs básicos até que isso seja resolvido ... é uma característica relativamente nova, e, infelizmente, da experiência, provavelmente continuará sendo escaneado por mais alguns lançamentos ainda.

Many thanks for your help Brian! :)

I opened a ticket, but the support did nothing more than say "it looks like the problem is on your server. So please let your administrator make sure there are no problems while reading url friendly"

We can only wait.

Thank you!

7 hours ago, Vinicius said:

I opened a ticket, but the support did nothing more than say "it looks like the problem is on your server. So please let your administrator make sure there are no problems while reading url friendly"

that's really disappointing to hear... Admin Friendly URLs is one of those new features they brought in with no great clamour from users for them to add it (I believe)... though sadly there are plenty more examples of them doing that! :(

I don't necessarily mind that Support couldn't solve it immediately themselves, but at the very least, they should have passed it up the chain so that others (developers, testers etc) knew an environment with x,y,z was having such problems.

perhaps you could post your ticket ID in this thread and one of the WHMCS staff may take another look at the ticket.

4 hours ago, brian! said:

that's really disappointing to hear... Admin Friendly URLs is one of those new features they brought in with no great clamour from users for them to add it (I believe)... though sadly there are plenty more examples of them doing that! :(

I don't necessarily mind that Support couldn't solve it immediately themselves, but at the very least, they should have passed it up the chain so that others (developers, testers etc) knew an environment with x,y,z was having such problems.

perhaps you could post your ticket ID in this thread and one of the WHMCS staff may take another look at the ticket.

That's it.
I agree with everything you said brian!
I've just been able to make the "Friendly URLs" feature work perfectly on a whmcs test facility made under a cPanel account.

The case of the error of this topic, is about a new server dedicated exclusively to WHMCS.
I have prepared a new ubuntu 16.04 (lcx) server for the whmcs strictly following the installation guide and pre requirements.

The use of "BASIC URLS" will not be a big problem and we will start to use whmcs in this way, since we can not take risk in the production environment.

What makes me more curious about this is the "why" of the whmcs support requesting ssh access to the server to later guide me to "get a server admin to check settings" :(

Best regards

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, after all this time, I picked up the server again to check the problem and for total happiness I managed to solve it!

Remember, I'm using Ubuntu Server 16.04.
I can not tell if it was by default from the beginning, but the 'VirtualHost' in the files "/etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf" and "/etc/apache2/apache2.conf", was as below:

<Directory "/var/www/html">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
        AllowOverride FileInfo
        Require all granted
</Directory>

What I did was simply remove 'Indexes' and 'MultiViews', leaving only 'FollowSymLinks', as bellow:

<Directory "/var/www/html">
        Options FollowSymLinks 
        AllowOverride FileInfo
        Require all granted
</Directory>

After that, I restarted the apache service and rewrite worked perfectly, causing my problem to be resolved as well, since it was being generated due to this incompatible Apache configuration with whmcs.

Below I put the link that inspired me to make this change:

I leave here my criticism of WHMCS support, as they have a deeper knowledge of Apache and the requirements of their system, could help us in this and save us great waste of time and great loads of stress.

Anyway, thank you for all the help you have received.

Thank you!

Best Regards

• 2 weeks later...
  • WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @Vinicius,

I'm pleased to hear you were able to resolve the server configuration issue, and thanks for sharing the solution.

Whilst we are not server administrators ourselves, I have added this to our internal resources.  So should other users experience the same problem in future, we will be able to suggest it.