Disable subdomains

Hello,

I was under the impression that by NOT entering anything into the disallowed subdomain prefixes (under products setup / other) that this would automatically mean that the ability to order a product using a subdomain would be disabled... But this is not the case.  I do not want to allow anyone to order a product using a subdomain name, so what do I need to do to remove/disable this ability??

Thank you in advance!

1 hour ago, ihostct said:

I was under the impression that by NOT entering anything into the disallowed subdomain prefixes (under products setup / other) that this would automatically mean that the ability to order a product using a subdomain would be disabled... But this is not the case.

no - that field is not for disallowed subdomain prefixes, it's for allowed domains for subdomain options... if it's blank, that just means you don't want to offer specific subdomain options with the product...

https://docs.whmcs.com/Products_and_Services

Subdomain Options - Enter a domain in the format ".yourdomain.com" if you want to offer a free subdomain option for the domain at signup. You can offer more than one by entering a comma separated list, eg. ".yourdomain.com,.yourdomain.net"

... it's not going to stop someone using a subdomain in the "owndomain" field for example.

1 hour ago, ihostct said:

I do not want to allow anyone to order a product using a subdomain name, so what do I need to do to remove/disable this ability??

edit the template and add a pattern validation to the input field...