After Update::Oops! Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request.

Hi,

I have update manually the whmcs to latest version of

Every time I try to go to Payment Gateways,  most of add products, change product, etc

I get below message

Oops!

Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request.

my config is

Your PHP version 7.0.25 

whmcs 7.4

Can you give me idea what can be wrong and how can I see what is broken here.

Hi, thanks for asistance,

I enable debug mode,

and when I click payment gateways I get below message.

which forces to get downgrade to php5.6

but before installation it forced me to have php 7 also

Fatal error: The file /home/cmptsltncmpny/hosting.computersolutions.company/modules/gateways/myideal.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.3 and cannot run under PHP 7.0. Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.6. in Unknown on line 0

Oops!

Please go back to the previous page and try again.

Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: The file /home/cmptsltncmpny/hosting.computersolutions.company/modules/gateways/myideal.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.3 and cannot run under PHP 7.0.
Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.6. in Unknown:0
Stack trace:
#0 /home/cmptsltncmpny/hosting.computersolutions.company/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Utility/Error/Run.php(0): WHMCS\Utility\Error\Run->handleError(16, 'The file /home/...', 'Unknown', 0)
#1 [internal function]: WHMCS\Utility\Error\Run->handleShutdown()
#2 {main}

Hi Chris, thanks for reply, but another error came up.

I got this error most of settings.

Do you think doing a clean installation will help instead of debuging the update version.

Fatal error: The file /home/cmptsltncmpny/hosting.computersolutions.company/modules/gateways/internetsecure.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.3 and cannot run under PHP 7.0. Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.6. in Unknown on line 0

Oops!

Please go back to the previous page and try again.

Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: The file /home/cmptsltncmpny/hosting.computersolutions.company/modules/gateways/internetsecure.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.3 and cannot run under PHP 7.0.
Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.6. in Unknown:0
Stack trace:
#0 /home/cmptsltncmpny/hosting.computersolutions.company/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Utility/Error/Run.php(0): WHMCS\Utility\Error\Run->handleError(16, 'The file /home/...', 'Unknown', 0)
#1 [internal function]: WHMCS\Utility\Error\Run->handleShutdown()
#2 {main}

internetsecure.php is an old module thats no longer supported, its safe to remove that @computersolution if you do receive any other notifications for the above simply move them out of the WHMCS directory or delete them as they are likely retired, please feel free to check back here if you wanted to check if any others are safe to remove :)

On 18/02/2018 at 11:09 PM, brian! said:

if you used the automatic updater, wouldn't it just put them all (the ones included in that release) back after an update ?

This is one reason i dont use the autoupdate.

It was actually a WHMCS advisor in a ticket that told me to remove the ones i dont use for gateways, registrants etc.

1 minute ago, easyhosting said:

This is one reason i don't use the auto-update.

one of many good reasons not to. :)

11 minutes ago, easyhosting said:

It was actually a WHMCS advisor in a ticket that told me to remove the ones i don't use for gateways, registrants etc.

recently or before the days of the auto updater?

What I found is happening is that there are old gateways, registrars, and servers that are no longer supported or included in the new version that are left behind after an update after either a manual or automatic upgrade.  Easiest is to compare the new version (or release notes for the new version) to the existing version.  This also happens with widgets.   These old files are usually encrypted with an old version of Ioncube and this will throw the "oops" message.

On 21/02/2018 at 3:23 PM, DougK94 said:

What I found is happening is that there are old gateways, registrars, and servers that are no longer supported or included in the new version that are left behind after an update after either a manual or automatic upgrade.  Easiest is to compare the new version (or release notes for the new version) to the existing version.  This also happens with widgets.   These old files are usually encrypted with an old version of Ioncube and this will throw the "oops" message.

Theres not a list, but if you look at the dates of the files in the modules & gateways you can see the files that haven't been updated in a while those are usually safe to delete