Custom Payment Gateway Question

wellconnit

Question

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to integrate my WHMCS install with my banks payment gateway, they don't have the best documentation but I think i'm on the right track.

I've got the preferences sorted and I think i'm most of the way there on getting the capture correct.

But there are a few things i'm confused with, mainly the result url? The callback file is used for 3D secure transactions only is it not?

I've added what I've done and the integration guide from the bank, hoping someone can take a look and let me know what I should use as a result url,

The service doesn't allow for refunds automatically and I've removed the 3D secure function also.

Just looking at getting the capture right then I can copy the concept to the other function,

Also the documentation from WHMCS is a little lacking. How do we know what parameters are available and for something like the URL i've defined with the test & the live how do I reference the value of that variable?

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

nabtransact.php

Direct_Post_Integration_Guide.pdf

4 answers to this question

• WHMCS Developer
4 hours ago, wellconnit said:

The callback file is used for 3D secure transactions only is it not?

Not necessarily. 3D Secure is a function of Credit Card modules, and gateways may have a callback file for those kinds of payments. But, a Third Party Gateway, such as PayPal, will send a notification of the payment to a callback file in WHMCS to advise of the payment.

In this case, it would seem your gateway will send a notification to a specific url when the payment process is complete.

https://developers.whmcs.com/payment-gateways/callbacks/

4 hours ago, wellconnit said:

Also the documentation from WHMCS is a little lacking. How do we know what parameters are available and for something like the URL i've defined with the test & the live how do I reference the value of that variable?

https://developers.whmcs.com/payment-gateways/merchant-gateway/ and https://developers.whmcs.com/payment-gateways/configuration/

any variable you define would be available in the $params array. For example, $params['urlLiveTest']

As you need to submit a form to your provider, not send a call to process the payment, I would advise you implement a Third Party Gateway, perhaps the UPOP method your bank refer to in their documentation as the method you are attempting to use would potentially display credit card information in plain text.

https://developers.whmcs.com/payment-gateways/third-party-gateway/

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I realized that I hadn't completely read the callback file instructions.

It's cleared a few things up for me.

If I setup a third party gateway I'll be stuck with having a redirect to the bank's payment page(I'd prefer to keep them on my own site if possible), however I do see what you're saying about the plain text, do you think making sure everything is over HTTPS is secure enough to keep it as a merchant gateway? 

If I was to set it up as a third party gateway is it worth trying to iFrame it ? or just load as a new window and then process the payment?

Thanks for your help.

Hello 

On 08/11/2017 at 4:53 PM, wellconnit said:

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to integrate my WHMCS install with my banks payment gateway, they don't have the best documentation but I think i'm on the right track.

I've got the preferences sorted and I think i'm most of the way there on getting the capture correct.

But there are a few things i'm confused with, mainly the result url? The callback file is used for 3D secure transactions only is it not?

I've added what I've done and the integration guide from the bank, hoping someone can take a look and let me know what I should use as a result url,

The service doesn't allow for refunds automatically and I've removed the 3D secure function also.

Just looking at getting the capture right then I can copy the concept to the other function,

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

nabtransact.php

Hello,

As I seen your code, it is found that you have already saved customer card details in WHMCS database and whenever customer wants to pay, you are taking customer card details from database and passing to nab direct post payment gateway form. But I think it is not a valid method from security point of view.

We will help you to develop this payment gateway module. Let me know if you wants.

Regards,

Logicmaker Softwares

Hi @Logicmaker Softwares

I've changed quite a bit of the code as the original wasn't working as designed.

It's now posting to NAB, but I'm getting an error when it executes so I'm not entirely sure why it's failing, i'm guessing a field doesn't correspond with what it should.

Waiting to hear back from the bank.

I'm not up for paying for a custom produced payment gateway, so if anyone else from Australia is interested in giving me a hand to get it finished I'd be grateful.

More up to date files are attached to this post.

nabtransact.php

nabtransact callback.php