wellconnit

Custom Payment Gateway Question

Question

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to integrate my WHMCS install with my banks payment gateway, they don't have the best documentation but I think i'm on the right track.

I've got the preferences sorted and I think i'm most of the way there on getting the capture correct.

But there are a few things i'm confused with, mainly the result url? The callback file is used for 3D secure transactions only is it not?

I've added what I've done and the integration guide from the bank, hoping someone can take a look and let me know what I should use as a result url,

The service doesn't allow for refunds automatically and I've removed the 3D secure function also.

Just looking at getting the capture right then I can copy the concept to the other function,

Also the documentation from WHMCS is a little lacking. How do we know what parameters are available and for something like the URL i've defined with the test & the live how do I reference the value of that variable?

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

nabtransact.php

Direct_Post_Integration_Guide.pdf

4 answers to this question

4 hours ago, wellconnit said:

The callback file is used for 3D secure transactions only is it not?

Not necessarily. 3D Secure is a function of Credit Card modules, and gateways may have a callback file for those kinds of payments. But, a Third Party Gateway, such as PayPal, will send a notification of the payment to a callback file in WHMCS to advise of the payment.

In this case, it would seem your gateway will send a notification to a specific url when the payment process is complete.

https://developers.whmcs.com/payment-gateways/callbacks/

4 hours ago, wellconnit said:

Also the documentation from WHMCS is a little lacking. How do we know what parameters are available and for something like the URL i've defined with the test & the live how do I reference the value of that variable?

https://developers.whmcs.com/payment-gateways/merchant-gateway/ and https://developers.whmcs.com/payment-gateways/configuration/

any variable you define would be available in the $params array. For example, $params['urlLiveTest']

As you need to submit a form to your provider, not send a call to process the payment, I would advise you implement a Third Party Gateway, perhaps the UPOP method your bank refer to in their documentation as the method you are attempting to use would potentially display credit card information in plain text.

https://developers.whmcs.com/payment-gateways/third-party-gateway/

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I realized that I hadn't completely read the callback file instructions.

It's cleared a few things up for me.

If I setup a third party gateway I'll be stuck with having a redirect to the bank's payment page(I'd prefer to keep them on my own site if possible), however I do see what you're saying about the plain text, do you think making sure everything is over HTTPS is secure enough to keep it as a merchant gateway? 

If I was to set it up as a third party gateway is it worth trying to iFrame it ? or just load as a new window and then process the payment?

Thanks for your help.

Hello 

On 08/11/2017 at 4:53 PM, wellconnit said:

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to integrate my WHMCS install with my banks payment gateway, they don't have the best documentation but I think i'm on the right track.

I've got the preferences sorted and I think i'm most of the way there on getting the capture correct.

But there are a few things i'm confused with, mainly the result url? The callback file is used for 3D secure transactions only is it not?

I've added what I've done and the integration guide from the bank, hoping someone can take a look and let me know what I should use as a result url,

The service doesn't allow for refunds automatically and I've removed the 3D secure function also.

Just looking at getting the capture right then I can copy the concept to the other function,

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

nabtransact.php

Hello,

As I seen your code, it is found that you have already saved customer card details in WHMCS database and whenever customer wants to pay, you are taking customer card details from database and passing to nab direct post payment gateway form. But I think it is not a valid method from security point of view.

We will help you to develop this payment gateway module. Let me know if you wants.

Regards,

Logicmaker Softwares

Hi @Logicmaker Softwares

I've changed quite a bit of the code as the original wasn't working as designed.

It's now posting to NAB, but I'm getting an error when it executes so I'm not entirely sure why it's failing, i'm guessing a field doesn't correspond with what it should.

Waiting to hear back from the bank.

I'm not up for paying for a custom produced payment gateway, so if anyone else from Australia is interested in giving me a hand to get it finished I'd be grateful.

More up to date files are attached to this post.

nabtransact.php

nabtransact callback.php

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By steven99
      I am looking for some beta testers to test out a Stripe gateway module out before release.  As this is a beta, early access, bugs are to be expected but it has been running smoothly on our install.  Testers are expected to actually test the module and report any issues or comments.  I am only looking for a few testers with varying amounts of activity and so this is a limited opening.  When the module is released, beta testers will receive a discount on the released version and the beta version will be disabled. 
      If you are interested in beta testing this module, please contact me for further details. 
      Details on the module:
      Uses Stripe.js Elements to collect card info Uses a custom form for card info on both manage credit card and checkout pages Options to force usage of the module if you are switching card gateways Currently supports card payments and not items like Apple Pay. USD currency only supported at this time Offers a one time payment option where the card token is removed from Stripe after usage. 
    • By wellconnit
      Hi All,
      Does anyone know if it is possible to make a payment through a custom gateway from outside the WHMCS system?
      I want to let users pay with a credit card using my custom payment gateway through my own website rather than the WHMCS website, since the API does not have any function built in for payment of invoices from the remote API I was going to try and reference the payment gateway file directly. Is there a clean way to pass through the variables that the payment gateway is looking for or should I $_POST the variables and then just overwrite whatever the gateway file is looking for so that I don't need to change the gateway code that currently functions?
      Not sure if I will have to manually run the remote API command to AddInvoicePayment to the system depending on whether it is processed or not.
      Thinking about it like that could this be seen as a functional way of completing a payment?
      If someone has a cleaner/simpler solution I'd be happy to hear it?
      Thanks in advance
    • By ModulesGarden
      1. Just a split second ago, Payment Gateway Charges For WHMCS 2.0 was blasted off to let you supervise the offered payment gateways at a sky-high level. Set out on a journey through some of the greatest new possibilities, taking as much time as you need to tap into their full potential!

Feel the instant flow of freshness triggered by a dynamic new framework. Well-balanced arrangement, minimalist design, and most importantly - more time-effective handling of the module. All of that already within your grasp. See what it means to be really in charge. Lay out multiple tiers of discounts and charges to be implemented whenever an invoice displays a specific value. Still not enough! Configure as many activation conditions as you need for each billing rule to let it be applied only to a specified client group, currency or country. For instance, if you would like to grant a discount or collect a fee from customers who opted for a particular currency, or those who come from a specific country even – you can now go right ahead.
      Most modernizations are several times more powerful when used in practice than they are described on paper. You know what we are implicating, don't you?

View the complete changelog of Payment Gateway Charges For WHMCS!

2. If you hear someone persistently knocking on your door right now, it must be Cupid reminding you that yesterday was Valentine's Day! As each year, we could not let this lovely opportunity pass by without thanking you for teaming up with us. First, we wanted to write you a poem, but the lines did not rhyme. Then, we tried our hand at drawing hearts, but ended up with scribbles instead. So we will stick with what we are skilled at best – expressing our appreciation through a heartwarming promotion!

Put in a good word for your beloved product on our Marketplace and let the 20% discount on any other module or extension that you set your eyes on fall into your embrace! And if you have a big heart capable of accommodating love for many items – review them all and get rewarded for each and every one separately!

All's fair in love, war, and ModulesGarden!

3. See what's on the list of the latest releases:
      QuickBooks Online For WHMCS – v1.4.2 Support Tickets Filter For WHMCS - v1.1.4 DirectAdmin Licenses For WHMCS - v1.1.1

Need Custom Software Development For Your Business?

Get Your Free Quote Now! Specially for you we will adapt an application and its design to your own needs, create a new module or even a completely new system built from scratch!
    • By ModulesGarden
      There are as many preferences when it comes down to payment methods as people in the world. But there are also two invariable constants: customers crave choice and assurance that their money is safely going to reach the intended recipient.

Today we are here to offer you a solution which will help you respond to this eternal demand - Stripe SEPA Payments For WHMCS. With it, you will allow your audience to fill in all the information required for financial transactions as well as accept an authorization mandate directly in the WHMCS client area, thus enabling both one-time and recurring charges via the SEPA Direct Debit scheme. Carried out through the foolproof Stripe payment gateway, the whole process will be absolutely secure, swift and carefree for both sides.

Extend your payment arrangements with our Stripe SEPA Payments For WHMCS to derive bilateral benefits!

Learn All About Stripe SEPA Payments For WHMCS!

No one should be forced to work with tools which are totally unintuitive in navigation, unsupportive, and time-consuming on top of that. That is why ModulesGarden is sparing no effort to introduce ever more products like Domain Orders Extended For WHMCS 3.0 – equipped with the ultimately pleasurable, wisely-composed framework in which minimalism and modernity are in perfect equilibrium.

Gain Revealing Insight Into The Future Of Our Modules!

Do You Need Custom Software Development For Your Business?
      Get Your Free Quote Now! Specially for you we will adapt an application and its design to your own needs, create a new module or even a completely new system built from scratch!
    • By ModulesGarden
      ModulesGarden Payment Gateway Charges For WHMCS is a very useful module allowing you to charge additional fees and set up discounts for usage of chosen payment gateway.

You can decide which of products, addons, domains and other require an additional fee, and choose which of clients will be exempt from fees and discounts. Payment Gateway Charges For WHMCS allows you to display your customers with information about additional fees and available discounts during ordering and also automatically converts different currencies!

Features:

Set Different Rates For Different Payment Gateways (Percentage Or Fixed)
      Set Different Discounts For Different Payment Gateways (Percentage Or Fixed)
      Set Minimum Invoice Value To Charge Payments And Discounts
      Include/Exclude From Charges And Discounts Certain Clients
      Include/Exclude From Charges Certain Products, Addons, Domains And Other
      Automatic Conversion Of Charges And Discounts In Different Currencies
      Display/Hide Information About Additional Charges And Discounts During Ordering
      Supports WHMCS V5 and Later

10% Promo Code - Valid Until 31.08.2013:

MGPGC10%

Are You Interested?
      ✔ Order Payment Gateway Charges For WHMCS Now!

Do You Need More Information?
      ✔ Read More About Payment Gateway Charges For WHMCS

Are You Looking For Complete Documentation?
      ✔ Visit Payment Gateway Charges For WHMCS Wiki

Check Out Also Our Other Products:

✔ Rackspace Cloud Servers For WHMCS
      ✔ cPanel Manage2 For WHMCS
      ✔ DNS Manager For WHMCS
      ✔ cPanel Extended For WHMCS
      ✔ Rackspace Email For WHMCS
      ✔ Rackspace Email Extended For WHMCS
      ✔ WWD GoDaddy Domains For WHMCS
      ✔ Advanced Billing For WHMCS
      ✔ DirectAdmin Extended For WHMCS
      ✔ Google Apps For WHMCS
      ✔ Plesk Extended For WHMCS
      ✔ Zimbra Email For WHMCS
      ✔ Plesk Extended For WHMCS
      ✔ cPanel Pack For WHMCS
      ✔ Zendesk For WHMCS
      ✔ Resellers For WHMCS
      ✔ Liquid Web For WHMCS
      ✔ Liquid Web Load Balancer For WHMCS
      ✔ Storm On Demand For WHMCS
      ✔ Storm On Demand Load Balancer For WHMCS
      ✔ Storm Servers Billing For WHMCS
      ✔ SolusVM Extended VPS For WHMCS
      ✔ SolusVM Extended Cloud For WHMCS
      ✔ SolusVM Extended Reseller For WHMCS
      ✔ eNom Email For WHMCS
      ✔ Zimbra Email For HostBill
      ✔ DirectAdmin Extended For HostBill

Coming Later In This Week:

Proxmox Module For WHMCS

Coming Next:

DirectAdmin Extended For WHMCS 1.6
      cPanel Extended For WHMCS 2.2
      MX Registrar Module For WHMCS

Do You Need Custom Software Development?
      ✔ Don't hesitate any longer! Contact us now!

For more information about our promotions, products and company activity visit our Facebook, Forums, Twitter and Blog!

✔ Facebook
      ✔ Forums
      ✔ Twitter
      ✔ Blog