WHMCS domain transfer Registrar default is none

ann71727

Hi

I have three domain registries, enom, resellerclub, webnic, and choose different domain registries according to different conditions. In theory, this is great and I set up this in the WHMCS management plane Setup> Product / Services> Pricing and set this The Auto Registration field in the page TLD list is intended to automate the domain registration process, as shown in the figure.

I try to transfer the client's domain, TLD is .com, the TLD Auto Registration is enom, the customer order successfully completed, and then I went to the Clents> Domain Registrations page, see WHMCS processing progress, I found Transfer Order status is active but Registrar field is NONE, and the API does not send any instructions to any domain registrar. I have to manually set the registration is enom and then send the Transfer Registrar Commands to enom, which makes me confused. In this case, I do not know the customer Is needed to transfer the domain if the client domain is close to the domain expires date, in this situation for the domain transfer, things that get urgent, it makes me anxious and i can not afford the customer to transfer his net on my site Domain and lost his domain.

I would like to ask how can I set up to allow the domain transfer to be automated to switch to TLD settings for the Auto Registration domain registry?

Using WHMCS is expected to be helpful for automation

I have spent several days, try to find a variety of options set, can help me?

best regards

Ann

01.jpg

• WHMCS Developer

Was the order paid? WHMCS will only submit the transfer request if the order is paid.

Did you get any error when the order was placed? Whilst you would normally get an email for any error - you can check your activity log for this under Utilities -> Logs.

Was the status of the domain changed before the order was paid?

Thank you for Andrew
My payment is test mode, it does not seem to trigger an order payment event
I do not know if this is the problem,
The whole process is in the WHMCS orders,
And then in the background to change this order has been paid

So, as you said, users transfer their domain to my WHMCS,
So after the order and payment, WHMCS will automatically set the domain registration board with Auto Registration to register the domain transfer action?

Perhaps I should try to actually make a real payment

Thank you very much

best regards
Ann

• 2 months later...

Hi

We are also having the exact same issue,  after payment is received and the order has been approved,  we still need to go to the client profile in WHMCS and manually change the registrar from none. 

image.png.3efe9fb228f1eed245d55bd40c9bad31.png

This is a major pain in the backside as everything else is setup automatically but domain orders cause us the need for extra support.  is there a hook we can use to set this automatically from none to the correct registrar?

I'm getting to the point where I am looking at other ways to host without WHMCS,  The encryption makes WHMCS so limited it pains me.

I hope you can provide a fix for this issue,  Would save a lot of headaches let me tell you.

if not a fix then encryption key would be nice so i can fix it myself ;)

Kind Regards

Mal

On 1/4/2018 at 10:16 PM, maltonge said:

Hi

We are also having the exact same issue,  after payment is received and the order has been approved,  we still need to go to the client profile in WHMCS and manually change the registrar from none. 

image.png.3efe9fb228f1eed245d55bd40c9bad31.png

This is a major pain in the backside as everything else is setup automatically but domain orders cause us the need for extra support.  is there a hook we can use to set this automatically from none to the correct registrar?

I'm getting to the point where I am looking at other ways to host without WHMCS,  The encryption makes WHMCS so limited it pains me.

I hope you can provide a fix for this issue,  Would save a lot of headaches let me tell you.

if not a fix then encryption key would be nice so i can fix it myself ;)

Kind Regards

Mal

Did you find any resolution to this?  We are having a lot of problems with this.  I ONLY use Enom, but for some reason, it wants to default to None... so ever order has to be manually changed.  I'm sure I've not got something set right, but sure can't see where.