Upgrade to 7.3 stuck

Autoupgrade to 7.3 is stuck. Here is what the install.log says.

[2017-10-03 11:49:31][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Applying Updates for 7.3.0-release.1 
[2017-10-03 11:49:31][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Performing Update Action: removeArchivingOnlyMarketConnectProduct 
[2017-10-03 11:49:31][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Performing Update Action: removeArchivingOnlyMarketConnectAddon 

Any ideas?

what's #RJG-733809?  I'm having the same issue.  I tried auto-update and that failed when it couldn't edit configuration.php due to permissions.

WHMCS says to set permissions to 440, but then the installer crashes on me. ...and worst off, I've run into this same issue before.  Call me stupid for not remembering to change the permissions before the upgrade, maybe my install just isn't working correctly to handle that file, or maybe WHMCS should explicitly mention to change the permissions on that file before updating... but either way, this is the second time that an upgrade has left WHMCS down on my server for an extended period of time.  UGH!

John,

quick question... should i still run the patch, in case my flubbed something up doing it manually?

I was actually able to get things working.  I tried a few too many things to know exactly what my issue was, but here's a quick list of everything that I did to get it back up and running:

• noticed redundancies in the /log errors and error_log (like /whmcs/vendor/whmcs/whmcs/vendor)
  • temporarily disabled my /public_html .htaccess file (as it has rewrites in there for WordPress)
  • renamed my /whmcs .htaccess file to .htaccess.bak and activated yours (renaming htaccess.txt to .htaccess)
  • manually created the /log dir in /install and set permissions (auto-update didn't create that for whatever reasons)
  • downloaded the full file set from your website and did side-by-side comparison
    • i found that several files from the /resources folder weren't there
    • i found that /vendors/whmcs wasn't in the new package, so i renamed that folder on my server
    • /whmcs-foundation wasn't on the server, so i uploaded that file
    • about a half dozen random files in your /whmcs package weren't updated on the server, so i uploaded those files
  • i then ran the updater again, but it still paused out
  • looked at errors again, noticed a problem with database calls
  • tried raising the settings, but then turned off PHP-FPM on the account
  • i opened some of the files in /mysql and ran them manually in PHPMyAdmin
  • reran the update script, it seemed to work
  • renamed all of my files back to their original names

and here I am now!

in the past, i'd jump the gun and install beta versions.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE the latest and greatest in tech upgrades, but i've had soooo many hiccups and headaches with upgrading WHMCS over the years.  i'm to the point where i'm relying on your software to help run my life.  managing nearly 1k domain names and 700+ hosting accounts just isn't something that you can keep track of in QuickBooks as easily as you can in WHMCS.  so, in short, it's always a real bummer when something like this happens for no apparent reasons.  i waited for days after it had been released and still lost hours in the process.  it's truly just shitty :/ 

fortunately, you have a ton of kind folks (fellow users) on the msg board, especially after a major update is released.  i've also noticed that your support staff have stepped it up on the boards as well.  i'm not sure if it's the new forum (which is awesome BTW), if it's due to the recent release, if you've just added more staff to help on the msg board, or if i'm just noticing it more recently... but it definitely feels better when you have support (moral, mental, and actual) to help you through struggles.

anyhow, hopefully this update is worth it!!! ;)

cheers,
shannon

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi splaquet,

Have you sold any of the SpamExperts "Archive Only" services as a product addon via WHMCS MarketConnect?

If not, the hotfix does not apply to you.

In order to make that determination, could you please post the contents of your /install/log/install.log file from your most recent update attempt for us to review please?