Disable invoice reminders only on active subscriptions

JackRabbit

I'm having a huge problem with people setting up a subscription when buying hosting. about half of them are paying again when they get an invoice reminder and I'm sending refunds back like crazy which are costing me fees in paypal.

There is no need for an invoice reminder for active subscriptions, how can I disable this only for active subscriptions?

I'd like to keep sending invoice reminders for people without active subscriptions and overdue subscriptions so they're reminded to pay manually.

would changing the email template wording be an option - as detailed in the thread below?

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?83774-how-to-disable-invoice-due-reminders-for-automatic-charge-subscriptions&p=356003#post356003

other than that, you'll be looking at writing an action hook to intercept the applicable emails before they're sent.