Choose a Domain - I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers Not moving to the next st

Hi

When a sign up is happening for a web hosting service and the customer picks "I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers" then presses the USE button nothing is happening. The ring of balls spin for 10mins or so then nothing. No error just nothing.

I have tried changing the registrar to a different one to see if it was it but does the samething.

I look in the log if I use options: Register a new domain or Transfer your domain from another registrar WHMCS looks up the domain but with I will use my existing domain and update my nameserver there is nothing in the log.

Have I missed someone ?

Thanks,

Phil

Hello,

As Brian mentioned the first place to look is your template, has it been customized? Try activating the Six template in the general settings and test to see if it causes the same error. If not it confirms it's an issue with your template.

Ensure that all files are up to date such as:

/templates/your_template/js/whmcs.js

/templates/your_template/js/domainchecker.js

Hi Brian,

I'm not using any custom templates and it is a clean install and I'm using template six. If I change to template 5 I get the same error.

I'm not sure what you mean by up to date. WHMCS version is 6.3.1

/templates/your_template/js/whmcs.js

/templates/your_template/js/domainchecker.js

https://ubelong.online/whmcs/cart.php?a=add&pid=25

Thanks,

Phil

Edited by philaud

Hi

I just replaced the template/six folder with a fresh copy of the template and it is still the same. :(

Thanks,

Phil

- - - Updated - - -

Also I'm not using custom templates and it was a fresh install

Thanks,

Phil

Just the below

Addons

CloudFlare

Google Analytics

PayPal Transaction Lookup

Tawk.To Live Chat

Domain Registrars

Dreamscape

- - - Updated - - -

I and turn them all off and tested still the same

/https://ubelong.online/whmcs/cart.php?a=add&pid=25

you might want to enable Error Reporting and see if that gives any more details as to where the error lies... it looks like it's occurring with all templates, so the issue might not necessarily be there.

http://docs.whmcs.com/Blank_or_Partially_Rendered_Pages

also, you might want to consider uploading the "includes" and "vendor" folders again - perhaps one or more files were corrupted on upload and causing this function to fail.

Hey

Thanks for that.

I have turned Error Reporting on and no errors are coming up. General Settings Modified. Changes made: Display Errors Enabled.

Since the fresh install it has upgraded from 6.3.0 to 6.3.1

I reloaded "includes" and "vendor" folders again and it come up with a Upgrade in process error so I put the old folder back. WHMCS starting working again but the same thing is still happening. After that did upload the 6.3.1 includes folder but I haven't got a 6.3.1 vendor folder.

Thanks,

Phil

I take it you used the v6.3.1 incremental patch then to upgrade from v6.3.0 to v.6.3.1 ?

if it was workign fine in v6.3, and you've made no changes other than upgrading, then perhaps the upgrade process didn't complete correctly.

if so, might be worth downloading the full v6.3.1 version and uploading the include/vendor folders from there.

The fresh install was done via Softaculous and Softaculous did a auto upgrade. I didn't manually upgrade it.

I have no idea if adding a hosting account in 6.3.0 was working or not. The upgrade happened when I was setting WHMCS.

I will get 6.3.1 and replace the vendor folder and see what happens

Hi Phil,

The fresh install was done via Softaculous and Softaculous did a auto upgrade. I didn't manually upgrade it.

oh ok, there's been a number of forum threads about troublesome Softaculous installations - i've never used it to install WHMCS, i've always installed and upgraded manually.

I have no idea if adding a hosting account in 6.3.0 was working or not. The upgrade happened when I was setting WHMCS.

I will get 6.3.1 and replace the vendor folder and see what happens

hopefully that will fix it.

Im just waiting to get a copy of the full 6.3.1 version.

If re uploading the vendor folder doesn't work whats next ? Backup the DB and config file and replace the whole whmcs file system ?

instead of just includes&vendor, you could try uploading everything except config file/install/attachments/crons/downloads/pipe/templates_c

frankly, I don't know what softaculous does (in terms of configuration) on install, but if you avoid the above folders and upload the rest, then it might fill in any gaps in corrupted/missing files.

failing that, then yes, i'd backup and start again.

Hi

Have replaced all but the install folder and still the same issue.

I renamed the old install to whmcs.old and unzipped the Fresh copy into public_html which made a new WHMCS folder put the configure php file back and I get "Security Warning

The install folder needs to be deleted for security reasons before using WHMCS."

So do I just copy the fresh copy into the old folder ?

Have replaced all but the install folder and still the same issue.

I renamed the old install to whmcs.old and unzipped the Fresh copy into public_html which made a new WHMCS folder put the configure php file back and I get "Security Warning

The install folder needs to be deleted for security reasons before using WHMCS."

So do I just copy the fresh copy into the old folder ?

i'd just delete the "install" folder from the new installation - and then continue with its configuration.... leave the .old one alone until you either get the new one working or not.

ok this is now not getting funny anymore.

I have replaced the hold folder and deleted the install folder. It seems like all WHMCS is working as it was but it still has the same error with I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers.

Any other ideas ?

Btw I would like to thank everyone who is helped.

• 1 month later...

I am SO glad I found this thread. I was having the exact same issue and had tried everything except cloudflare.

Sure enough, it was CF's RocketLoader.

Instead of disabling rocketloader completely I found that it works to create a pagerule in cloudflare to disable rocketloader on the URL with a wildcard... e.g.:

example.com/WHMCS System URL/*

Works like a charm and the rest of the site is processed by rocketloader