SEO Friendly URLs Not Working

Hello Everyone.

We have been trying to get the SEO friendly URLS working but we have not been successful so far.

Tried researching online, tried what other users have tried but still not working.

We are trying to get SEO friendly URLS for KB(knowledgebase) as well as our cart.

We started with KB and its not working so we didn't try for cart.php pages.

We have tried enabling the SEO friendly URLS in WHMCS and then renaming the htaccess.txt to .htaccess but it did not work.

It gives a 404 not found error.

After that i added the following in the .htaccess:

Options +FollowSymLinks

Options -Indexes

Options -MultiViews

Still getting 404 error.

Is there something else we need to edit or modify. Are we missing anything?

Make sure your server has the capability to do redirects. It sounds like it may not

A very simple way to test this? Add the following to your .htaccess and then try to access http://yourwhmcspath/test.html . If it redirects to google, then you have the capability for rewrites

RewriteEngine On
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteRule ^test\.html http://www.google.com/? [R=301,L]

Well it was finally resolved and i can get SEO friendly URLs for my knowledgebase. But i need to know how can i get SEO friendly URLs for my product pages. Currently they are something like this: cart.php?gid=1 how can i change these to SEO friendly, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks