paperweight

Support tickets reply in Six template are buggy

We are using the Six template and just noticed users cannot hit "Reply" on support tickets when they wish to respond (via viewticket.tpl). Instead, they need to create a new ticket since the reply doesn't work.

How best should I troubleshot this? It appears to be JS or CSS related, but I'm unsure where to start to look for why that link fails to work. It doesn't allow the reply window to open and a user to enter data in the field.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, I am getting these 2 errors in the javascript console:

whmcs.js:67 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier

responsive-scripts.min.js?ver=1.2.6:1 Uncaught TypeError: jQuery(...).placeholder is not a function

Edited by paperweight

I assume this is a customised Six template and not a totally clean template ?

if it were a clean template, i'd have suggested trying the bug in a dev installation or the WHMCS demo - but as i'm writing this, the demo is down... if there are no alterations or no hooks getting in the way, then what you're seeing shouldn't occur.

i'd be tempted to disable the .js files one by one to see which one is causing this issue - then when you know which one it is, you can decide how best to work around the issue.

It is a customized template, but interestingly the template files supportticketsubmit-stepone.tpl and supportticketsubmit-steptwo.tpl have zero customizations added.... and all else appears to work on the site with Six template.

Our main customization is we stripped the left sidebar away from all pages, but there appear no js or css code calls in that specifically for these support ticket pages.

Our main customization is we stripped the left sidebar away from all pages, but there appear no js or css code calls in that specifically for these support ticket pages.

how did you strip the sidebars away - by modifying the templates or using action hooks ?

removing by hooks shouldn't affect the js in anyway... if you've modified templates to remove them, then that's potentially more risky.

worst case scenario, if you can't track down the clash, would be to make the reply box visible, instead of being hidden, by default - that's just a minor change to a div in viewticket.tpl

<div class="panel panel-info panel-collapsable{if !$postingReply} panel-collapsed{/if} hidden-print">

and change it to...

<div class="panel panel-info hidden-print">

I don't think it looks that great, but without seeing the website or knowing everything that you've changed, it might be the quickest solution! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By sentq
      The problem is:
      1) Install WHMCS in sub-directory ex. http://www.website.com/whmcs/
      2) Go to: Admin Area -> General Settings -> *Support* tab.
      3) Activate KB SEO Friendly URLs (Tick the box), then save.
      4) Now go to Knowledgebase section in client area, and enter into any of the categories you have ex. http://www.website.com/whmcs/knowledgebase/1/cpanel
      5) Then try to login to your account by clicking on the login button in top navbar.
      6) Login will fail as it will submit the login information to http://www.website.com/whmcs/knowledgebase/1/cpanel/dologin.php

The solution is to define the Base URL inside <head> section of the template:

<head> <base href="{$systemurl}"> .... </head>
      this tag was defined in WHMCS v5.x templates but not since WHMCS v6 release (Six template)
    • By HarryWales
      I just had a complaint from a client that they could not see their credit balance in their Client Area...

I am on whmcs 6.1 using template "six" - and sure enough - their balance does not show...

I have had to switch back to using "five" to allow clients to see their balances once more...

Will this VITAL feature be reinstated into the "six" template anytime soon?

It seems a major omission to leave it out of "six"...
    • By sentq
      Some people want to show their client's credit balance when they login to client area, as the option not implemented by default in Six Template here is how to do it:
      1) Upload the PHP file from Attachements to -> /WHMCS-Path/includes/hooks/ directory.
      WHMCS_SixTemplateCreditBalance.zip

• By ralphonz
      Hi,

I'nm using the Six template. How can I change the order of the domain pricing displayed on the domain checker page? I want .co.uk at the top of the "popular Domains" list so that people can see the price right away when the page loads.
    • By USA_Webmaster
      When I add styles to custom.css file, they do not override all.min.css. I find myself always adding the !important when I shouldn't have to. What is going on with this minify stuff? Is this being autocompiled? Am I suppose to be using a GUI tool to recompile?

Still I had no luck, even when in the /includes/head.tpl I made it look like this:

<link href="{$WEB_ROOT}/templates/{$template}/css/custom.css" rel="stylesheet"> <link href="{$WEB_ROOT}/templates/{$template}/css/all.min.css?v={$versionHash}" rel="stylesheet">

Here is the original /includes/head.tpl:
      https://github.com/WHMCS/templates-six/blob/master/includes/head.tpl

---

https://github.com/WHMCS/templates-six/releases
      http://docs.whmcs.com/Customising_the_Six_Theme