Can a domain name be checked first without being added to cart?

shout

I'm working with the order forms, and when you check a domain to see if it's available, it immediately adds it to your cart.

>Congratulations! example.com is available!

>This domain has been added to your cart.

There is no "remove from cart" option--the only way to move forward is to click "Continue"

I'd like to give customers a chance to confirm that they actually want that domain before adding it to their cart, especially since each TLD is a different price and they don't find out the price until they've checked if it's available.

I'm working with the order forms, and when you check a domain to see if it's available, it immediately adds it to your cart.

I think that may depend on which order-form template you're using.

>Congratulations! example.com is available!

>This domain has been added to your cart.

certainly with 'standard_cart', it displays a message that *says* the domain has been added to the cart, but I don't think it really is until you press the "Continue" button. :idea:

There is no "remove from cart" option--the only way to move forward is to click "Continue"

but it's by pressing "Continue", you're actually adding the domain to the cart! :)

I'd like to give customers a chance to confirm that they actually want that domain before adding it to their cart, especially since each TLD is a different price and they don't find out the price until they've checked if it's available.

sticking with 'standard_cart' as an example, the searched for domain is added to the cart (when the "Continue" button is pressed) by two hidden form fields in domainoptions.tpl...

<input type="hidden" name="domains[]" value="{$searchResults.domainName}" />
           <input type="hidden" name="domainsregperiod[{$domain}]" value="{$searchResults.shortestPeriod.period}" />

if you remove them, then do a search for a domain, e.g whmcs2016.com, it will tell you that the domain is available and has been added to your cart (it hasn't really!) - if you have multiple year options, it will display a different message (that doesn't mention it being added to the cart) and give you a dropdown list of years to choose from.

now, if you choose an alternative domain (from the "Other Domains you may be interested in" section), let's say 'whmcs2016.org.uk' and tick the checkbox next to it and then press "Continue" - 'whmcs2016.com' will *NOT* be added to the cart, but 'whmcs2016.org.uk' will be. :idea:

so, the solution for you should be to change the format of those two lines from 'hidden' - taking a look at the code for how the alternative domains and their checkboxes are shown should give you a clue as to how to do the same for the searched domain, to give the user the option to select it or not.

if you're using a different order-form template, then the solution maybe different - perhaps .js based.