IDN Subdomain Support in Registrar-DNS System

petzsch

Whenever I try to add a subdomain (address or hostname doesn't matter) containing an umlaut it get's converted to something strange. ä = a ö = o etc.

Either turn it into punnycode as you do with the domain name or keep the umlauts intact. Writing a registrar module, I can't figure out if the user ment ö or o!!!

screen_umlauts_in_whmcs.png

Hello Nate,

here the steps that I took:

Login to customer account -> click on Domains -> My Domains -> choose a domain that has DNS Management enabled and click on the little wrench icon -> DNS Management -> enter a Host Name containing an Umlaut (i.e.: böse) + address, click save. It get's displayed as "bose". The Umlaut should have been turned into punnycode or left as an umlaut to be handled by the registrar module. But turning it into "bose" means loosing the umlaut. :-(

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

This is happening due to the transliteration hook, which is applied to all of the parameters in our registration module class. If you are writing the registration module you can look at the original array within the params array to get the un-transliterated content. Alternatively you can override our transliteration logic with a custom hook:

http://docs.whmcs.com/Custom_Transliteration

Have a great day,

Nate C