Domain lookup WHMCS v6.x.x and IDN new gTLDs

imaticon

Hi,

Domain lookup via domainchecker and orderform (cart) shows "The domain you entered is not valid" for IDN new gTLDs

Steps to reproduce:

1. Add an IDN TLD, for example: .орг or .移动

2. Do a domain lookup via domainchecker or cart

This works correctly in WHMCS v5.3

Regards,

Marco

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Marco,

This is currently working for me on my devbox. I did need to enable IDN support and ensure I had mbstring support in PHP. As you can see here it was able to perform the lookup without issue:

Screen Shot 2015-10-24 at 1.42.08 PM.png

Can you still reproduce this in 6.1.1? Note the domain checker shows the results in PUNY code, that is already reported as a different issue.

Have a great day,

Nate C

Hello Marco,

While doing some further research I confirmed that WHMCS's internal code is clear that we don't currently fully support IDN tlds. The right way to get the issue you are having resolved to to move ahead with full support for IDN domains across the product. Ultimately that is a feature request, not a defect in the intended behavior.

I did a quick search of the feature request system and was not able to find a single feature request that captured this need clearly. The closest I found was:

https://requests.whmcs.com/responses/whois-lookup-for-cyrilic-utf8-domains-mkd

Which is focused on a specific IDN tld.

I recommend opening a generic IDN TLD feature request and linking to that existing request. I am willing to update this thread with a link to the feature request, so anyone watching now or who comes across this in the future will be able to get to the feature request and upvote it.

Have a great day,

Nate C