f.ex.

for luxembourg

product price = net price + 17%

or for belgium

product price = net price + 21%

so it should check if eu-vat addon is used with include tax option

product price = net price + country tax rate

Hello Cluster,

I am not sure how you would implement this in WHMCS. Lets say you are selling products across the EU. You list a product with a price point you set and say it includes Tax. How is the price going to change based on the country the client is ordering from. The include tax setting is intended for people selling in a single country where they can calculate tax for all of their countries. Are you asking to have different net prices for customers in different countries in the EU?

Have a great day,

Nate C

The EU Vat addon does two main things:

1) It automatically creates tax rates that match the EU Vat rates.

2) It allows you to add VAT number validation during the checkout process.

in whmcs you can set include or exclude the tax ...

if using w/ eu-vat-addon it works in exclude tax mode and product settings -> add tax

means, exclude tax mode w/ vat-addon works ... in this case it shows all product prices w/o tax

but include tax mode with eu-vat addon does not work because not checking the country tax list and that is missing here

include tax = net price + country tax (default for product prices should be company country tax)

on checkout: include tax = net price + country tax (customer country tax)

Edited by cluster

Cluster,

Let me ask it this way:

Do you want to have different net prices for the same hosting from different countries?

If the answer is no, then as I understand how include taxes are designed to work, you can't use them when selling to more then one country. If the answer is yes, I will attempt to reproduce and if successful open a case. But I can't see that case getting lots of traction as different net pricing for different countries is not what I imagine as a popular desire.

Nate C

Thank You for reply.

Include Tax mode with EU-VAT addon calculation is missing.

In cart and after checkout the country tax is not added.

If using VAT addon w/ included tax the calculation should be:

total = net price + country tax rate (from vat addon list)

but not

total = price (from tblpricing)

Cluster,

I understand what you are describing. However you have not answered my direct yes or no question. Can you give me a clear yes or no here:

Do you want to have different net prices for the same hosting from different countries?

Thanks,

Nate C

Hi Nate,

I guess different net prices are not needed, because if using include tax

the company country price is always the gross price and just need a re-calculation (only for the cart operations)

back to net-price + customer country tax while checkout.

just a simple condition ...

if (eu-vat addon && tax == include)
{
$displaytotal = price incl. standard tax;
$checkout = $displaytotal - $netprice + customer-country-tax;
}
else
{
$displaytotal = price incl. standard tax;
$checkout = price incl. standard tax;
}

Edited by cluster

Hello Cluster,

I think this thread is not going to make any further progress in this discussion. Here is the root problem, WHMCS only allows you to set a single price for a product. If you have inclusive taxation and multiple tax rates in WHMCS you will have different net prices for the same product.

Ultimately we don't think this is actually what people want. For us, using multiple tax rates for different countries and inclusive taxation is orthogonal. Its like saying you want to fly in the ocean.

As such we don't consider the products current behavior to be a bug.

Have a great day,

Nate C