Unique Transaction ID

dahamsta

Is there a technical reason for this? As with other people, I have customers that pay multiple invoices with one cheque, in fact I often have multiple customers on one lodgement ID, and sometimes the bank doesn't assign a unique ID to EFTs on my online banking, so EFTs from the same customers often get flagged as non-unique too. Cheques in particular is very useful though, as it helps my accountant track lodgements.

I can't think of a technical reason why this needs to be unique, so can it be reverted please?

technically, when payment is made through any payment gateway like PayPal for example the IPN (Instant Payment Notification) will connect to WHMCS to notify about the the received payment, WHMCS will check if the transaction id exist or not, if so it will mark invoice as paid.

Hello,

This thread is not really a bug report, this is something I am pretty sure we have discussed at length previously. You can see my most recent contribution to the discussion here:

http://forums.whmcs.com/showthread.php?106994-Unique-Payment-ID

I am going to close this thread and leave it here as a clear message that we do not consider it a bug.

Have a great day,

Nate C