Attractive way to check and sell domain names?

Hey All,

I'm trying to add an attractive way to add domain names...

When you look at other providers such as 123-reg and 1and1 etc when you check domain names and try to buy them its a very attractive, colourful way to do it, however the basic whmcs way isn't very user friendly nor very nice so I was wondering what people have done to have the domains checker etc really try to sell domains?

Cheers

Is there a way to get the prices of some domains?

I want to make a price list on my main site (Not my whmcs site) of the most popular domain tlds and would like to specify say 30 different tld prices on my search page...

Is there a link to a database connection etc so I do not have to edit my page when I change the prices on whmcs?

Is there a way to get the prices of some domains?

I want to make a price list on my main site (Not my whmcs site) of the most popular domain tlds and would like to specify say 30 different tld prices on my search page...

Is there a link to a database connection etc so I do not have to edit my page when I change the prices on whmcs?

use feeds:

<script language="javascript" src="feeds/domainprice.php?tld=.com&type=register&regperiod=1"></script>

<script language="javascript" src="feeds/domainprice.php?tld=.com&type=register&regperiod=1&currency=1&format=1"></script>

Thank you!!

My current domain search is a basic form - with a drop down for the tld - is there a way for me to not include the tld drop down and be able to type in mydomain or mydomain.com and it will search a selected few tld if the search doesnt contain a tld?

thats cool, I'll have a look and a play with some searching :)

I've got an odd one for ya..

I've checked my whmcs for two domain tlds - .in and .tk

Both appear and have prices set for them and have reseller accounts connected - but when I use

<script src="https://secure.totallytech.it/feeds/domainprice.php?tld=.tk&type=register&regperiod=1&currency=1&format=1" language="javascript"></script>

<script src="https://secure.totallytech.it/feeds/domainprice.php?tld=.in&type=register&regperiod=1&currency=1&format=1" language="javascript"></script>

it displays £0.00 - most of my other domains show the price correctly - any ideas?

My current domain search is a basic form - with a drop down for the tld - is there a way for me to not include the tld drop down and be able to type in mydomain or mydomain.com and it will search a selected few tld if the search doesnt contain a tld?

your domainchecker.php already does this... I just typed in "whmcs" with no tlds checked and it did a search... took forever (well over a minute) as you must have hundreds of TLDs highlighted in your Bulk TLD section.

and you could use the integration code to create a simple form that should do it...

<form action="https://secure.totallytech.it/domainchecker.php" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="direct" value="true" />
Domain: <input type="text" name="domain" size="20" /> 
<input type="submit" value="Go" />
</form>

with regards to pricing, I don't see .tk on your list of TLDs...

https://secure.totallytech.it/feeds/domainpricing.php

are you sure that you've added pricing for them?

Edited by brian!

your domainchecker.php already does this... I just typed in "whmcs" with no tlds checked and it did a search... took forever (well over a minute) as you must have hundreds of TLDs highlighted in your Bulk TLD section.

and you could use the integration code to create a simple form that should do it...

<form action="https://secure.totallytech.it/domainchecker.php" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="direct" value="true" />
Domain: <input type="text" name="domain" size="20" /> 
<input type="submit" value="Go" />
</form>

with regards to pricing, I don't see them on your list of TLDs...

https://secure.totallytech.it/feeds/domainpricing.php

are you sure that you've added pricing for them?

Hi Brian!,

How have you been? Its been a while since I've been on and I'm still playing with getting the look of domain purchasing right lol!

I realised I had every tld I sell selected!! Whoops - Now I've changed that to a select few UK based ones lol...

I'm going to recheck my pricing tables and make sure I'm not doing something daft - I've been at this for the last 7 hours now so the old noggin is playing with me now lol!

Is there an easy way to organise the list of tlds I have for sale (in domain pricing) alphabetically by name? (then I can manually move the UK specific ones to the top?

I've seen you can drag them to the order but I have several hundred (imported from enom and resellerclub) so hoping for a quicker way?

Hi Brian!,

How have you been? Its been a while since I've been on and I'm still playing with getting the look of domain purchasing right lol!

i'm well thanks. smiley%20behind%20egg.gif

getting domain purchasing right is like painting the Forth Bridge - just when you think you're coming to the end, you have to start all over again!

I know that some of the domainchecker code i've previously written will break with v6 (assuming certain rumours about it come to pass), so i'm planning to fix the code and add more options... though of course, it's possible they might not be needed with v6 - who knows ?!?

Is there an easy way to organise the list of tlds I have for sale (in domain pricing) alphabetically by name? (then I can manually move the UK specific ones to the top?

I've seen you can drag them to the order but I have several hundred (imported from enom and resellerclub) so hoping for a quicker way?

Durangod wrote a Smarty plugin that would allow the sorting of the tlds alphabetically to be shown on the order pages...

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?90071-sorting-tlds-mod

now that would have worked for you - but comes unstuck because you said that you want to move the .uk domains to the top.

you could put them into two categories - UK and others, and then sort the "others" alphabetically.

alternatively, you could alter the sort order manually in the tbldomainpricing table - whether that would be quicker than sorting them in the browser, I wouldn't like to guess!

I managed to get all the UK ones to the top of my list at about 3am before I hit the hay - I realised if I clicked on the icon to move the tld then simply pressed PgUp I could get it to the top so much quicker!

I'm thinking if I ran a database query (sort by tld) type of thing then did the moving the uk ones again it would get it going!