This is a continuation (fixes and enhancements) to my previous PayPal Subscription Canceller addon released a long time ago. This is also our first release of a software download, so if we've configured anything incorrectly within WHMCS, please let us know!

PayPal Manager

PayPal Manager is a WHMCS addon that provides some much needed (imo) additional functionality for those using the PayPal gateway.

What does it do?

PayPal Manager allows you to do the following:

1. Automatically cancel customer PayPal subscriptions when they request a cancellation.
  2. Automatically cancel customer PayPal subscriptions when they upgrade or downgrade a product or service.
  3. Automatically cancel customer PayPal subscriptions when a member of staff modifies a customers product or service and the result is a change in the product or service price.
  4. Automatically refund duplicate client payments.
  5. Automatically suspend a service when a PayPal dispute/reversal is detected.

yigz6tliij8gx8y.png

Why is it needed?

We've all experienced it; clients who have forgotten to cancel their PayPal subscriptions after they cancelled their service and are unhappy that they've sent money to you by mistake. With this addon, it should prevent your clients from temporarily losing money this way and also reduce support time spent addressing these complaints.

Have you also experienced clients who have forgotten they've got an already active PayPal subscription with you and have paid their invoice manually, only to later realise a duplicate payment was sent via the subscription? We did too! This addon will also detect this and refund the duplicate payment if you wish.

Want to help protect your business against PayPal disputes and reversals? This addon will allow you to automatically suspend services where a reversal or dispute is opened against you. It won't stop the reversal or dispute, but it will ensure that service is immediately disabled for the user.

Requirements

This module is ioncube encoded and was developed under PHP 5.4. Version 4.4 or greater of the ionCube Loader is required for the encoded files to run.

Link

We don't have a webpage dedicated to this addon as it was originally internally developed:

https://www.thiswebhost.com/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=53

Edited by JulesR
Added image.

Changelog/Differences from free version reposted by another member

v1.5

1. Further code reforms and cleanup (making it easier for us to expand on in the future)
  2. Now only attempts to cancel subscriptions supported via ERP: https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?&cmd=_render-content&content_ID=merchant/erp_overview - all other subscriptions will log a small error in the activity log rather than failing the cancellation attempt and logging huge debug info.
  3. Added new feature/option to automatically suspend accounts when a reversed payment is detected.

v1.0

1. Code cleanup.
  2. Fixes to prevent trying to cancel subscriptions that don't exist.
  3. Added option/new feature to refund duplicate PayPal payments.

Upcoming Changes:

1. Ability to cancel PayPal subscriptions manually by specifying the ID.
  2. E-mail integration to provide confirmation to customer of subscription cancellation.
  3. E-mail integration to explain why customer has received a subscription cancellation e-mail from PayPal on upgrade/downgrade. (Some clients get concerned when receiving these).
  4. More integration points for cancellations.

Edited by JulesR
New version.

• 1 month later...

I completely understand your concerns. Unfortunately I have experienced problems with people stealing my code in the past, so I'm afraid I have no plans to provide a decoded version at the moment. Once bitten, twice shy.

If it's any peace of mind for you, I've been on these forums 5 years and have previously released code seen (and enhanced) by the community. No malicious intent here at all :)

• 4 months later...

Updated to version 2.0. Changelog:

• Final code reforms to make it easier to provide additional features in the future.
  • Added bugfix for some services not being suspended when a reversed payment was detected.
  • Added new maintenance option to remove subscription ID's when cancellation received via PayPal's IPN.
  • Added option to cancel subscription on product termination (unpaid accounts, manual cancellations, etc).
  • User interface changes - options now include descriptions (see attached screenshot).

New UI screenshot:

why9vsi6w13xkgy.png

hello,

will it be compatible with a custom paypal gateway (fork of whmcs one from htb called paypal plus)

maybe any price revision as some feature will be include in whmcs 6?

The addon uses the PayPal API credentials stored within the default PayPal gateway, so it's unlikely to be compatible with anything but the default one. If you can provide me a link to the one you're using I can let you know in more detail.

Yes, I didn't know WHMCS were finally adding this as a feature, so I'd need to see exactly how their release compares to my module. I have no plan to reduce the price at the moment though as I feel other features (suspend on reversed, etc) are very worthwhile for the one time cost involved.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, thanks for developing this! :)

I have been using your previous canceller for a year, the new features in this are most welcomed, especially the double payments refund option.

Will this also cancel subscriptions if you use the "Cancel & Refund" button on an order?

Wow, thanks for developing this! :)

I have been using your previous canceller for a year, the new features in this are most welcomed, especially the double payments refund option.

Will this also cancel subscriptions if you use the "Cancel & Refund" button on an order?

Thanks for your message. At the present time it will not cancel any PayPal subscriptions using the 'Cancel and Refund' option during order processing. That's certainly something I can look at adding for the next version release though! I'll work on this over the next couple of weeks.

@Clever Emu: Thank you for the kind words.

Thanks for your message. At the present time it will not cancel any PayPal subscriptions using the 'Cancel and Refund' option during order processing. That's certainly something I can look at adding for the next version release though! I'll work on this over the next couple of weeks.

@Clever Emu: Thank you for the kind words.

Great, thanks.

I noticed you have some upcoming changes listed but not edited topic since September so was just wondering if you had any ETA for next update/addition of those changes?

Do you have a trial option available so I can test the addon with my setup?

TIA

Great, thanks.

I noticed you have some upcoming changes listed but not edited topic since September so was just wondering if you had any ETA for next update/addition of those changes?

Do you have a trial option available so I can test the addon with my setup?

TIA

I'm afraid I can't provide an ETA as we've been busy with the upcoming VAT changes, and such. Hopefully soon is all I can say :)

I'm afraid there is no trial option, nor do we have plans to offer any trials in the future.

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I was interested in purchasing your module, but was wondering if it's suitable.

The discussion in this thread indicates that Paypal doesn't support what the module is supposed to do. Specifically, that you can't cancel a subscription that wasn't itself created through an API. Is the information outdated?

Someone on the thread also mentions PayPal Manager, but without further information in his success...

Regards,

Stefan

Somebody also

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your message, and sorry for the delay in responding (the forum did not e-mail me to inform me there was an update).

I can confirm the information in the thread is very misleading. If a subscription is created by a customer signing up for your service, the API (and this addon) can certainly cancel that without any problems. Just to confirm, the subscription does not have to be created via an API in order to be cancelled via the API.

As long as your customer PayPal subscriptions start with the letter I (capital i), this addon will work for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Updated to version 2.1.0.

Changelog:

• Fixed a bug where the subscription ID variable was not being passed to the termination hook. This resulted in some subscriptions not being automatically cancelled if they were invoked by a manual 'Terminate' or by the WHMCS cron.
  • Added handler behaviour for an error returned by PayPal indicating the subscription is already cancelled.
  • Added a new feature to bulk cancel all PayPal subscriptions for services that are marked as "Terminated" or "Cancelled". This will ensure you can clean up existing services' subscriptions and allow the addon to cancel future ones individually.

• 1 year later...