Discount creates new invoice?

Running 5.3.7 on pretty much stock installation (only some template changes).

Had an issue occur today when an invoice was created that should have had a discount applied to it. Instead of the discount being applied to the invoice, another separate invoice was created with ONLY the discount, with a negative balance (due to the discount).

So, customer had one invoice for the full amount, then another invoice for the discount amount.

The odd thing, this worked just fine the day before. I did some tweaking in Domain Registration settings, but can't think of anything I may have done what would have affected invoicing like this.

Any thoughts?

Sorry if this should be in another section...

This happened again today. The only thing I can thing of is that I have changed the late fee from a percentage to a fixed amount, but I can't see any way that would effect the original invoice creation. Still open for suggestions on this, it's getting to be quite a pain. At least somewhere to look to begin trying to track this down?

I created an order manually to try and see what's going on here. Used an existing discount, and this time the system still created two invoices again - the first one was totally blank, with no line items. The second one was correct - showed the original order, and then applied the discount.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction to try to isolate this? It has to be a setting that's changed, since it was working fine previously and I "tweaked" a little bit in the system (again, mainly DNS stuff).

Wide open for suggestions here.

I had found that doc and checked it out, and yep - on one account the check mark was in, but yet on another account it was not. The thing is, once I removed the check mark on the one account, the problem went away on *both* accounts (which are entirely unrelated!).

And I definitely can not see anything which would cause it to behave the way it did, but since its working now, I'm not going to question it. Thanks for the suggestion, tho, Brian - appreciate it!

Not sure what was going on, but that seemed to take care of it.

While I was at it, I also managed to get a logo to appear on my invoice PDFs. I didn't even realize the logo wasn't showing up! lol