BoxBilling Migration

ashmetry

Question

Is there a BoxBilling Migration Script available somewhere? I have a client that needs to migrate 100+ hosting customers to WHMCS and he's waiting on a confirmation that it can be done before purchasing a LifeTime license.

Can somebody please advise if such a migration script exists, if not, then what options do we have to do that?

If done manually, how does are automated payment subscriptions via Paypal that were created using BoxBilling handled? Can it be switched to WHMCS? If so, how?

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

I don't think there is a migration available and with the lack of demand + how busy WHMCS is these days I don't see an official migration being moved over.

You could manually migrate accounts over, with the PayPal subscriptions each product ID has a "Subscription" field in it. So I *believe* if you simply place the PayPal subscription ID into this field everything should work out fine.

May be test with 2 - 3 accounts to ensure of a smooth migration without any issues.

So I *believe* if you simply place the PayPal subscription ID into this field everything should work out fine.

No, it won't. The URL that PayPal send the callback to cannot be changed in the subscription, so unless it's exactly the same URL in BoxBilling (improbable) those callbacks won't work. You'll still get the money as usual, but the invoices won't be marked paid; you'll need to do that manually. Or you can cancel all the subscriptions and the clients can login to pay their first invoices and start over with fresh subscriptions (probably the best option to bite the bullet and do this).

It used to be that WHMCS would write a custom script that would bounce callbacks to the correct callback URL, however in months of trying and a lot of back and forth with Matt we never got that working at all, so I wouldn't count on it. I don't think they have much interest in custom scripts these days.